magic stone?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by shapecharge, Jul 1, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. shapecharge

shapecharge Established Member

Ok decided to try some of the spells I never take and get away from always using the same spells with my casters every game.

So 1st level cleric spell Magic Stone does it work?

I cast it and I have no stones to throw in my inventory nor are there any option to throw stone in the radial.

I unequipped my morning star figuring maybe I needed a free hand in the next battle still no stones, my spell was not disrupted in any way.

Any advice?

2. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

It works like a one-use projectile ranged touch spell. Aim at the enemy.

3. shapecharge

4. camelotcrusade

camelotcrusade Head Boy

I've used this spell too, but I don't think I've ever gotten mutiple stones per the description. I've only ever gotten the damage for one stone.

Seems to me it needs a fix. Either the damage should scale for the single shot up to the max (3d6+3 I think, I am not in game to read the description) or maybe it could be coded like produce fire with a max duration of 3 rounds and throwing 1 stone per round. Of course, the best fix would be you get three charges to be used in one round with three separate chances to hit, per the rules. I don't think there's anything like that right now that could be leveraged, though.

Probably too much bother for a level 1 spell, but I know I'd use it if it were improved.

5. shapecharge

Yea I was a little disappointed that it did not give the 3 stones, I was hoping to be able to get them on the dial menu or in my inventory, to throw one per turn at least as that is how the description made it sound.
    I have stopped using it but I agree if this could be fixed I would use it a lot more often.

6. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

I think it works exactly like Produce Flame (1st level wiz, druid spell) in that you can continue to use it each round as it scales with your character level.

7. florian1

florian1 Established Member

In 3.5 P&P you transform 3 stones (sling bullet size or smaller) into +1 sling bullets that deal 1d6 damage, and have +1 enhancement bonus, which lasts for 30+ minutes. If you want to throw or sling more than one per turn, you would need to have multiple attacks normally.

I agree that it's disappointing to get only one stone in ToEE. It's a nice spell against monsters with DR/magic if you're low level.

Our Host!