Etterboek

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Gaear, Jun 3, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I was thinking of adding another (civilized) game area to the mod: Etterboek.

This would be a rather small village and thus a comparatively small undertaking (unlike Verbobonc), but it would add what I think is a much-needed place to stage various game activities.

Does anybody know if Etterboek is 'for real?' It's not mentioned in the PnP module, for example; but it would be very convenient for our purposes. It's pretty much located on the road to Verbo, at about the northwest extremity of the world map. This means that existing worlmap paths could be used for it, which is a BIG DEAL, because drawing worldmap paths in ToEE is the most horrible undertaking known to mankind - even worse than passing a kidney stone.

2. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

New Village + New Content = Unrivaled AWESOMENESS. :yes::yes::yes:

My vote is sincerely YES!!!

LOL still would like to see a high level dragon encounter in the Kron Hills though :)

3. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

New area, new content? Hell yes! Will there be new quests too and more fights? For high level parties or low level parties? (I'd like higher level stuff to do at over level 10, but I dont know what this area is about)

I'd love it!

4. ayoshi

ayoshi Member

Anything that is within the World of Greyhawk...

Its worth it...;)

5. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Another vote in favor of Etterboek and more new content. I wonder exactly what the village will have to offer and if there may be another merchant with some new goodies we might be able to unload our money on. :)

6. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

I havent finded Etterboek in the two maps I have of the Flanaess, but they both are big altas, and even Hommlet isen't showed in they...

In a quicly search in the net, I have found a number of people using the small village as point of passage or start when going to Hommlet.

I1m not sure if the vilage really exists - I dont remeber any mention of it neither in the 4.0 version of The Village of Hommlet or the 3.0 Return to the Temple of Evil, but apparently the place exists 'for real'.

7. chano

chano Established Member

8. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I think it's a place where joinable npc's gather that's constantly being overrun by loot-dropping mob mobs. ;)

9. florian1

florian1 Established Member

Here are the two references on that site:

1. Etterboek: This small town of about 500 people lies in a small valley on the banks of Nigbs Run. It gets its name from the great number of Ettercaps which plague the hills between here and Nulb, and it is the presence of these monsters which forces all traffic along the longer route through Hommlet. The lands of the town belong to a minor noble, Winstin Jugalis. He almost never leaves his villa on the Nigb, except when summoned by the Viscount himself, and leaves the everyday affairs of the town to his daughter, Paloma. She is well-loved by the townsfolk for her kindness and genuine concern for their welfare, and she can often be found visiting the sick or injured.

2. Since most travel passes along the High Road through
    Etterboek, Mol has gradually experienced a decline in
    prosperity and population.

10. chano

chano Established Member

About NC, you released 6.1 without NC, are the any release with NC planned within the near future Gaear ?

11. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

Would it be possible that we'll get a new enemy monster to fight then?

12. florian1

13. Gaear

I don't know how 'near' a future it is, but yes, 7.0 will have new content. 6.1, for all its virtues, was essentially a patch for 6.0.

All I'm thinking about right now is whether to add the town itself.

@everybody who offered insight, thanks ... I'm still deliberating Etterboek's legitimacy.

14. florian1

What do you mean by legitimacy? It is clearly part of the Greyhawk world, on the map as you pointed out, and it is clearly underdeveloped, so you have great leeway in how you develop it.

Except for Ettercaps. You must include Ettercaps and their pets....

Or how about: please please add a new town.

BTW, I'm running a P&P D&D 3.5 of the original ToEE module with my step son and his friends. I'm including a few of the PC version changes (they've already been to Delko Grove), and in particular some of the Co8 material. There will definitely be a re-spawn, and Welkwood Bog and Emridy Meadows are options for them. It's great material, thanks a ton for all your workers, modders.

15. Gaear

It's on a map. What troubles me is that it's not mentioned in the PnP module. ToEE the CRPG was meant to be first and foremost faithful to the module, and to be a 'classic greyhawk adventure.' If Etterboek is moreso a modern thing, I'm dubious about including it.

Anyway, the jury's still out ...

Our Host!