I can't get the game to run, did search and read faq's

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Masjaun, Nov 23, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Masjaun

Masjaun Member

I have WinXP, I downloaded the game a few hours ago and tried to play. A window pops up with the "Enjoy your free trial" and I am given two choices. When I try to purchase the game for $49.00 I get the message of:

We're sorry. Our Systems indicate you are outside the territory authorized for distribution by the software publisher of this title.

Unfortunately, we do not have permissions from the publisher to sell this title outside of our approved territory.

Funny, I live in North Carolina...so when I try to play the free trial (I have 340 minutes available) it does nothing. I had it running for about 1 minute, I made a new character, just one and started playing. Once the game loaded up, I died in about 30 seconds....I guess I needed to make a full 5 person group. I un-installed and re-installed the game 2 times, both times requiring a reboot. I can't load up patch one or two even though I tried the method mentioned in the faq.

I run a normal WinXP system, I can play graphic intensive games such as Warhammer Online and Vanguard Saga of Heroes with no problems.

Any ideas on what plagues my copy of Temple of Elemental Evil?

I really want to play this seeing that I DM'd this whole thing in about a years time about 20 years ago...that and for the late Gary Gyax whom changed my life forever.

Thank you,

James

2. Masjaun

Masjaun Member

Oh and I followed the instructions in

#6. Patching Issues

on the faq and I get a message of:

Neither command line parameter specified is an existing directory

3. Masjaun

Masjaun Member

I bought the full version off of Newegg.com for $29. I am in playing bliss now.

4. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Glad we could help :)

5. johnstonad

johnstonad Member

I believe that there are some issues that is not included in #6 issues. I hope you can try to fix it.

6. stage

stage Member

Leave the raising of the dead to the Necromancers.

Our Host!