Help on TOEE please. Not sure whwere to post this

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by LedZerggelin, May 11, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. LedZerggelin

LedZerggelin Member

I'm playing TOEE w/CO8 mods.

My two fighters movement speed has been reduced to 10 feet. It only effects the fighters. It is not a weight thing cuz Ive removed all their gear and still 10. Its been days in game time, so it cant be a spell I missed. Any Ideas?

2. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

How far in the game are you?

Do you mean their speed in combat, or do they move slowly outside of combat too?

And, if in combat, did you turn on any combat modes? (Although I do not remember any combat modes decreasing movement speed.)

Maybe this is some spell being permanent, did you try to remove spell permanency with the help of Jaroo?

Did you encounter the Hezrou Guardian, by chance?

3. LedZerggelin

LedZerggelin Member

Their speed is reduced in combat, they move normal when just walking around.

As for Jaroo, I wont be getting any help from him cuz I killed him and everybody else in Hommlet

4. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

You, Slayer of Hommlet !
    It is a righteous wrath of The Good Gods which affects you!
    :D

<I do not know why your characters are slowed.>

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Characters sometimes stay encumbered after they become unencumbered. Try moving their gear to someone else and then back.

6. LedZerggelin

LedZerggelin Member

Im not sure whats going on here

7. LedZerggelin

LedZerggelin Member

No dice. I completely removed every piece of stuff from both fighters and even with nothing on in combat their speed was still 10.

Im probably missing something easy to fix, but its been years since I've played this and dont remember stuff I've read about the game

8. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

You would probably have been able to reset your fighters' movement back to their correct settings by talking to Jaroo Ashstaff and selecting the dialogue option regarding spell permanency.

Gaear, would it be possible for LedZerggelin to console in Jaroo and then have one of his fighters talk to Jaroo and have Jaroo perform the spell permanency kill and reincarnate routine on his fighters? And would Jaroo be cooperative with LedZeggelin's characters considering his party would have a hostile reputation with the neutral and good citizens of Hommlet?

Last edited: May 22, 2011
  9. florian1

florian1 Established Member

I remember this happening to some of my characters - I can't remember what it was, but I thought at the time it might have been from walking over spike stones or something similar. You could try a cure or heal spell.

Question: can you remove spell permanency yourself by killing a character and having another character raise/reincarnate them?

10. JakeDassler

JakeDassler Member

got the same problem here
    but i think mine was much more serious

got fog of acid in one my char, so i killed him, but changes nothing, try to past time for a month but nothing change either

i talk to jaroo, but its very hard because the permanent spell is acid fog, in 4-5 seconds, we would enter battle

im really at lost here

4 hours later....

i did solve this by killing him myself, then removing him from the party, then pick him up again at welcome wench. used the levelup command.

but now, something else came up
    the denzou stench something just wont go away,even after i met jaroo

im quitting this game

11. ayoshi

ayoshi Member

You tried already talking to Jaroo about spell permanency?

Had similar problems - my 2 front line fighters

I just had a exhausting battle with the bugbears - looted all their stuff and filled my
    inventory full

Now i level-upd after the fight....stats changed but my characters are still burdened by the load...

Sold stuff to merchants - load became unemcumbered....but my still speed was still 15
    And yeah, got this Boots of Speed on him and his a barbarian with speed 15 wearing elven chain?

Weird......

So i went to see Jaroo, the spell permanency restored his speed....

there you go....:yes:

Our Host!