Ding Dong the Witch is dead

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cujo, May 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Yeah, it does present a problem. Are you supposed to do something about them? So you call it in and await orders:

"Get rid of them."

How?

"Burn them."

YES, SIR!

Later: We need resupply. We've eaten all our field rations. HeHeHeHe....

2. GuardianAngel82

Yeah, it does present a problem. Are you supposed to do something about them? So you call it in and await orders:

"Get rid of them."

How?

"Burn them."

YES, SIR!

Later: We need resupply. We've eaten all our field rations. HeHeHeHe....

3. GuardianAngel82

Yes, there is substantive proof. Yes they are evidence, but they are not the only evidence. The U.S. is not the only group that claims this. Al Quaida claims this. You are being purposefully obtuse and argumentative, soldier! Drop for 50!

Of course there should be an inquiry. But that can't stop someone from defending themself.

If a party wants the benefit of a trial, first they need to stop attacking people and give themselves up. To do otherwise will likely result in death without benefit of trial.

Perhaps so, the Finns seem to be "civilized". But that is irrelevant. Al Quaida DOES fight back with guns. And commonly attacks and murders without cause.

If you like individual freedom, you'll have to tolerate a certain level of lawlessness. Houston was the murder capital of the United States when I joined the Guardian Angels. Our first arrest (before I joined) was on November 21, 1981, and was a gun incident. No one was hurt.

As for the heat, a famous quote: "If I owned both Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell."

4. Rocktoy

Rocktoy Established Member

I haven’t heard any. Just saying so doesn’t make it so, no matter who say it. Without a ruling of a court, I remain skeptic.

I had to check ”obtuse” from my dictionary. Nah, I am only exercising the blessings of higher education: critical thinking to point of utter skepticism and tedious bickering on details (historians are infamous for their inability to agree on anything).
    I am a bit out of shape, but I could try 30 or perhaps 25?

Agreed. Only used Finns as an example for the argument that:”obey the law or die” doesn’t apply on all societies, but is dependable on the culture of said society.

That is the other side of the coin, the other side being ever increasing governmental intrusion in the lives of individuals. IMO our society has gone too far with that kind of governmental intrusion. For an example we have laws demanding that citizens must wear helmets when driving bicycles, wear pedestrian safety reflector when walking in the dark and use protective goggles when firing fire crackers.

5. GuardianAngel82

After the ruling of a court, you would remain a skeptic. That OBL was the head of Al Quaeda wasn't disputed by anyone.

Throw in some pullups and situps and do it 2 or 3 times a week and you would get back in shape. Oh, and of course, ENDLESS running.

If a Finn were to run around shooting people, eventually someone would kill him. If a Finn were to fail to wear his safety helmet and failed to pay his fines, eventually some uniformed thugs would come around to take him him into custody and the only way to avoid jail would be to resist to the final breath.

Death is the ultimate means a government has to enforce it's laws. Surely you don't believe in some fairy tale version of law enforcement? And Heaven forbid a government should realize a law is silly while it's authority is being disrespected.

In Houston, I may own a gun, but fireworks are ILLEGAL!

6. Rocktoy

Unfortunately probably so.

But I hate running, even marching is more fun. Could use the exercise though, I am getting a bit soft (but no overweight, yet).

Well we have had two school shootings and the shooters were shot to death in both cases, by their own hand, though. Should they resisted to police would have tried gas, tazers etc. before shooting, and first they would have tried to incapacitate the suspects and not to shoot to kill. That’s just what the law says.

The stupid part with those aforementioned laws is that they cannot be enforced. There are no legal repercussions for breaking them, and no police given fine can be changed to jail time. And that is stupid.

That is just evil! How do you celebrate New Year’s Eve or 4th of July? Firing tracer rounds to the sky with your handgun?

Last edited: May 12, 2011
  7. GuardianAngel82

Go outside the city limits and set fire to the countryside, just like the Army days (and before).

8. stage

stage Member

9. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

Brilliant when simple minds collide.

10. Rocktoy

What I learnt to admire during my short visits in the US was the amount of self respect and self trust that people had (“no such obstacle exist that we could not overcome if we try hard enough”, just look at Lance Armstrong), and that they were not afraid to say it out loud. I think that is often mistaken as arrogance or boastfulness by peoples who are less vocal and more reserved.

11. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

Many people do just that. Minus the tracer rounds in my neighborhood.

12. kio11

kio11 Established Member

i seriously dont believe this

threw the body in the ocean.. my hairy tiny ass

13. Rocktoy

Hardly so. We do lead the homicide statics in “western” Europe. Only the Baltic region (and Romania and Bulgaria) have higher rates in EU. The typical Finnish homicide is a stabbing that ends a drunken brawl between some number of alcoholics and no participant can later recall the motive (if there was any) for the deed and most likely it was the stabber who called the police.

We Finns do have a deep rooted hatred (herraviha) of all (non/) governmental authorities and endless rebellion against anyone who dare to think he/she is better than any of us. That is why our COs (squad/platoon leaders) are picked from the very ranks of us and are still trained to lead by personal example. We would never accept the authority of a leader who is not one of us. A drill sergeant like the one in Full Metal Jacket would not be executed by random Gomer Pyle, but by the whole squad/platoon. During the war this actually happened, and I have more recent firsthand experience: our squad leader sergeant Laitinen was a hopeless looser who did not know what he was doing. With a conviction that would have been interpreted in any other army as full grown mutiny, our entire squad confronted our company leader saying: there is no way we will follow this clown no more. Resulting the demotion of sergeant Laitinen back to a Jaeger and the following promotion of corporal Alasaarela as acting sergeant, our squad leader.

What I meant to say is that the same mentality also applies to the police. They are not the lackeys of the DA’s office (actually DA work for the justice department, police work for the home office) but independent actors, who are considered impartial, fair and most importantly one of our own. Thus they are very rarely challenged. We respect them and in turn they respect us, which pretty much allow them to do their job without using lethal force.

14. GuardianAngel82

Like I said, civilized! :thumbsup:

Our Host!