What's New?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by Gaear, May 10, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

By now you've no doubt noticed that the new version of the forums has been installed. Here are some of the new features you might want to check out:

Click the User CP (control panel) button on the left side of the navigation bar along the top and you'll see -

Under Your Profile:

1. Customize Profile: all kinds of things you can do to customize the look of your profile - colors, images, etc.
    2. Edit Profile Picture: you can put a picture of yourself here that is different from your avatar.

Under Networking:

1. Social Groups: be a member of the in-group!
    2. Pictures and Albums: now whatsername and Sergio can post photo albums to their hearts' content.

Under Settings & Options:

1. E-mail notifications actually work now.
    2. Edit Ignore List: not sure if we had this before, but you can ignore people at your discretion if they rub you the wrong way.

Under Private Messages:

1. You now get 500 PMs!

Under Miscellaneous:

1. Attachments: you can see all your attachments listed if for some reason you want to.

Click the Quick Links button toward the right side of the navigation bar for a handy drop-down menu of common links, like Today's Posts.

Miscellaneous:

1. Hyper-links actually look like hyper-links now (they are a different color than regular text).
    2. The Hardwired and Large Fonts skins have been (or will soon be) disabled. Maintaining a bunch of different skins is labor intensive, and they were sort of outdated anyway. Anybody with large font needs can easily adjust font size in your OS display settings, and all browsers support text resizing now.
    3. Multi-quotes now work (see the bottom right of any post, next to the quote button). Using multi-quotes, you can select multiple quotes from different posts, and when you click reply, they will all be listed there for you.
    4. We do NOT have reputations enabled. No!
    5. Other stuff.

You may also want to browse the FAQ for additional info.

Lastly, special thanks to Taluntain for installing all this for us. :thumbsup: A lot of work goes on behind the scenes to get this stuff up and running, which is something we tend to take for granted.

If you have any questions or comments, post them here. Enjoy the new forums!

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

I notice I wasn't invited to post albums to MY hearts content. (pouts) :smarty:

Thanks, Taluntain! :clap:

3. Gaear

You're all hard edges, 82, while Sergio's cucumbers are nice and curvy. ;)

Seriously though, we can't all be zOMG hawt, but we can still put up photo albums. (Lukewarm is good enough for that. Or do a photo essay on old maps or something - whatever floats your boat. We just have to get used to the idea that we have real 'profiles' now - your own space where members can go to for a closer inspection if they want. This has been typical on forums in general for a while now, just not here.)

4. stage

stage Member

Well with that checked off the list, its now time to make Verbobonc teh shizzle :)))))

5. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

I like having 500 pms. Not that I get that many, but sometimes I want to save them and it gets difficult keeping them down to 100.

My thanks, Talutain!

6. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Neat! Can't wait to play with some of the settings!.

Thanks T!

7. Gaear

This just in:

Due to General Ghoul's outrageous demands, we now have a YouTube button! When you make a post, you'll see it sitting there off to the right. Simply click it to wrap the necessary YouTube tags around any YouTube video you want to share, and the video will magically appear! For example, here we see Katy Perry singing about her teenage dreams:

[YOUTUBE]98WtmW-lfeE[/YOUTUBE]

One wacky thing - you have to make sure only to use only the code for the video itself in the tags, not the entire link. In Katy's case, it looks like this:

Code:
    98WtmW-lfeE
    not

Code:
    http://youtu.be/98WtmW-lfeE
    We also have spoiler tags, sitting next to the YouTube button, which will make Co8 Obsidian skin users selected text invisible unless highlighted. vBulletin 3 skin users are SOL.

Last edited: May 25, 2011
Our Host!