Circle of Eight Modpack v6 / v6 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Provodnik, Dec 30, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I was doing 6.1, with XP, Gog and no console. The Scorpp encounter got to a point to attack but didn't trigger. Had to restart like 4 times and gave up. Click on attack and the screen just blinked. I tried all the dialogue options.

The Thrommel reward didn't go as all the knights/retainers where in the dark area so no dialouge triggered. I have a suspicion that the swamp lotus triggered also because I got a botch on the quest.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I tested it and it worked fine - walked in, Scorpp auto started his speech, I told him to stick it, he attacked.

What do you mean by "click on attack?"

3. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

The part where he calls the wolf and in the dialogue box it says 'attack', click but nothing happens. One time the wolf was already dead, but never got the fight completed. I'm on a new game so i'll try it again.

4. Oleg Ben Loleg

Oleg Ben Loleg Established Member Supporter

Thanks again for a new patch.
    Did I understand the description on 6.1 right, that there is no new content compared to
    6.0.1, "only" better game play and bug fixes?

Refering to the too much money problem. I remember AD&D Sessions where our game master relieved us of our gold by having a Ghoul drained lots of levels from our characters. These lost levels we could only restore by costly visits to a high class cleric.
    In that way we stayed hungry to loot and be rewarded for a difficult battle, which is I think a very important aspect of all fantasy games and although I had rather too much money, I was sometimes mildly disapointed in 6.0.1 about the reward (loot) after some battles.

About difficulty in the game in general. Although I assume that this solution has been discussed earlier someone might have the patience to answer this nevertheless. Would it be possible to ad a difficult Level that the player can choose fron anytime, like in Baldurs Gate. So that in a say 'Nightmare' Level all monster make 50 % more damage, have better saving throws etc.

5. Gaear

Pretty much, although some of the tweaks are newish, like having good NPCs in your party attack you if you attack innocents.

We have no plans for difficulty settings at this time; changing the XP granted has a nebulous effect overall, and the other things you mention would require a wholesale revamping of the game - new mobs and protos for the monsters that hit harder, turning off the old ones under the right circumstances, etc.

~

Attention, KNOWN BUG: in 6.1.0, if Darlia mentions the Wilfrick job to you and you decline but then come back later and accept it, the mission will never trigger. :(

Sorry about that, I inadvertantly reverted that part to an old state when I was redacting the new Scarlet Brotherhood stuff from Darlia's dialog file (which isn't ready for prime time yet and is not in 6.1.0). If anybody gets to that point and is stuck, say so here and I will post a console fix for you.

6. Skittles

Skittles Kind of Delicious

I'm not sure if this is a known bug, but I'm having difficulty crafting properly. Specifically, if I have one character enchant a weapon/armour and pass it to another character with the feat, then those items seem to lose their properties if I try to craft with the second character. When I transfer the items back, two seemed to revert to the proper stats while the third didn't. They were:

Dwarven Plate enchanted to +3 with SR
    Cleaver, enchanted from MW by me, +3, holy, flaming burst

And the one which didn't revert was the Silver Sword of Chaos--I enchanted up to +3 and added holy, flaming burst. It fell back to +1 and holy.

Is this a crafting bug? Is there anything I can do to "lock" properties to allow this behaviour or is it not possible? Also, is it just a bad idea to try to enchant things like the SSoC?

Thanks!

7. styx6942

styx6942 Member

Is there a console fix for the ghost quest? I am using 6.0 NC and I go to the tower top floor at night, end up in a fight with the ghost, it disappears, then nada...looks like I hit a bug or some type of corruption in my game.

Also, about 90% of my summoned or charmed creatures just sit there and don't do anything....they was working fine early on then about mid way through they started to act weird. Any console fix for that?

8. Gaear

The ghost thing is not a bug ... if you want to be told what to do, just ask here and somebody will tell you. Otherwise, you'll need to try harder. ;)

The summoned/charmed thing is not uncommon; no console fix.

@Skittles - I have no idea. No changes have been made to crafting, and I rarely even use it (playing or testing) myself.

9. florian1

florian1 Established Member

Is it possible that the crafter looking at the item isn't able to "see" the enhancements that they are not able to add themselves, although they are still present, and you still get charged EP and gold as if they were there already when adding more enhancements? Although that might not apply to the Silver Sword. That could be a bug with the sword, or human error? I have sometimes made mistakes crafting, and then realized I didn't click all the correct buttons.

10. styx6942

styx6942 Member

If someone would be kind enough to PM me the ghost hint. I saw the hint posted before in the spoiler but didn't work at all.

11. Sergiond

Sergiond Member

Hi,

About this quote:

"Quote:
    Originally Posted by gazra
    The 2 Elf Prisoners (that are with Countess Tillahi and her consort Sir Juffer) and the 2 Merchant Prisoners (that are with the recruitable NPC Wicked (Brigand Prisoner)) remain in their prison cells (on the right side of the ToEE dungeon level 2 map) after the others have been liberated and disappear (see screenshots below). Clicking on these 4 NPCs causes them to display text floaters, but they don't disappear.

Fixed."

Is it really fixed?

I´m playing with 6.0.1 NC .

Ciao!

Edit: Ok. I have seen a 6.1.0 NC available. Thank you!

Last edited: May 10, 2011
  12. chano

chano Established Member

All prisoners flee in 6.1.0,, well maybe not the two dumb orcs.

13. Sergiond

Sergiond Member

Hello!

Rannos is thin in the Nulb ambush. Before he was very fat.

I want to know the name of his diet. ;)

Bye!

14. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

It's the "scared crapless by the protagonist" diet.

15. felixthm

felixthm Member

Hi Styx, I pm-ed you regarding the ghost.

Also, I had the same problem with Fatty Trader going on a massive diet, such that his portrait and his actual figure contradicted, during the Nulb House ambush. =p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!