Improvements

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Gaear, Apr 25, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Do you have a save that reliably triggers jerkstop when exiting the inn?

Also, re. the EP chest testing, I've summoned it about a billion times, brimming with loot, and haven't encountered any jerkstop...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2011
  2. Odium

Odium Member

I will try dropping the chest today and let you know what i find but i would like an answer on this.

Once the jerkstop has happened, will it happen everywhere? Like dungeons and such?

3. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

My experience is that it only happens in Hommlet.

I've heard mention of it occuring in Nulb too, but I think that's rare. Never heard of it happening elsewhere.

4. Hal900x

Hal900x Member

I'd like the detection of hidden objects to be more meaningful all around. For example, a secret door to a room containing a minor magic item that is tricky to detect but appears in a logical place if you are looking for such a thing. In the module, secret doors are just alternate routes. Meh. Also, I'd like some of the detection methods to mean something. Detect magic, concentrated search, etc are useless with regard to hidden items. The only way to find a hidden scroll is to mouse all over the damned screen. Pretty sure there is no "mouse pointer" spell in 3.5. Does See Invisibility or True Seeing reveal these things? I don't know since by the time these spells are avaiable I've long since left behind areas where hidden items are more plentiful.

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

"Press and hold TAB" is an innate ability granted to every protagonist at level one. ;)

6. Skittles

Skittles Kind of Delicious

Overwrote it. If/when it happens again, I'll try to upload the save.

7. Forgalz

Forgalz Established Member

I once ran into two ettins with four brown bears. Wasn't pretty at party level 4.

8. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

In 6.1 NC I had a RE with 12 Trolls, but we chose to avoid them, wisely I might add. ;)

9. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Once, in a brand new game, my first encounter was 3 willow-the-wisps. It was ELECTRIFYING! :yikes:

10. florian1

florian1 Established Member

1) I've run into up to 4 hill giants on random wilderness encounters a number of times. That's pretty tough on a low level party!

2) I've run into jerk-stop and freeze in Hommlett a number of times, but my chest has never been overloaded at the time. (I assume it's known that changing maps can cure the problem?)

3) I overloaded my chest once, but then discovered that the extra items fall out at some point. I had a bunch of missing (very valuable!) items that I found strewn on the streets of Hommlet afterwards.

4) Adding locations to the Hommlett signpost would be great: the jeweler and the carpenter are two locations I think could be added in addition to the wood-cutter.

5) Regarding familiars, TOEE is very close to the D&D 3.5 with the familiars, the only differences being they leave out options that don't apply because of skills that aren't used in TOEE (lizard gives bonus on climb checks in D&D 3.5). There do exist additional familiar options in 3.5 supplements that could be used if more options are desired.

11. twisty

twisty Morose Marauder

I would love to see a Lich encounter that is a major challenge, similar in difficulty to BG and NWN. By comparison, Mathel disappoints as a Lich (although I understand why, as per the story and stage of the game that he is encountered) as it is the only Lich encounter in the game.

12. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Well Mathel is really just a glorified zombie with dreams of being a lich.

13. foliowyrm

foliowyrm Member

Gaear, I am playing through right now and this time I did not loot the chest from the Zombie but I still got a Jerk stop at 6th level.

14. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Duly noted, thanks.

15. felixthm

felixthm Member

I remember getting Will-o-Wisps at the Moathouse (from resting) when my party was at lvl 3. Got raped so badly.

Hmmm, for my wish-list, I would like to see more high-level content, similar to the Slave Traders fight. That was fun, and sometimes I needlessly handicap myself by choosing the conversation option that leads to me being paralyzed and losing a random dude without saves, haha.

Yup, more high level encounters please! And if possible pre-buff more of the enemies, because players tend to pre-buff as well. If you enter the Slave Traders fight with greater heroism, haste, protection from evil, stoneskin, greater invisibility etc etc, and choose the straight-to-the-fight option, it becomes quite easy even with a lvl 11-12 party.

Perhaps there could be some way for the AI to dispel magic actively on players who have pre-buffed?

One of the biggest reasons Imeryds Run is so challenging is because you can't pre-buff and your party doesn't get to arrange itself tactically prior to combat.

Lastly, manyshot still seems to be bugged, at least in my game. Is there any way to fix it?

Our Host!