Circle of Eight Modpack v6 / v6 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Provodnik, Dec 30, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WinstonShnozwick

WinstonShnozwick Established Member

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack 6.0.0 / 6.0.0 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

In the New Content, where you can pay the gnolls in the moathouse to leave, and then later there will be a random map encounter that they attack a caravan, I've always had a problem in my 3 play's so far. Every time I get that encounter there is NO visible ground on that map screen. The ground is all black nothing.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack 6.0.0 / 6.0.0 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

That's been fixed for the next release.

3. Hal900x

Hal900x Member

Re: Improvements

Don't yell at me if these are unfixable, user error (me not understanding the game), not improvements etc. I'm just gonna dump them all since editing the entire list would be a huge pita.

- Fix spelling errors in Co8 modules, there are several. Breaks disbelief. Example: "Vegitation" in Hickory intro.

- Dokolb acts like you've already met him, even if you haven't.

- Cloak of elvenkind does not show hide bonus in skill panel

- are Half orcs supposed to automatically get Orc Double Axe proficiency? Mine did.

- Silver sword of Chaos = bastard sword = exotic weapon, yet all fighters are proficient by default

- Hill Giants in the arena never tried to break free from Web spell or any CC. Other mobs have this issue as well, making them way too easy.

- Sleight of Hand seems to fail even if both checks pass (discussed in my previous thread)

- Elvish shields bypass non-profiency penalty to attack bonus. Intended?

-Charm is unpredictable and weird if the charmed NPC is plot-related in any way. Sorry I can't be more specific.

- Turnkey surrender dialog doesn't work...he stays hostile after.

- Aid = Bless? It shows up as the same effect internally

- Some monsters cannot be looted after charming, then killing them.

- Because Carrion Crawler Brain Juice has no ability drain, one of it's effect tab tooltips says something like "What should we put here?"

- Ronald seems to have no penalty for using a longsword. Might be true of other clerics too, not sure.

- Ooze can be blinded, I thought they were supposed to be immune.

- two issue from post above: tripping snakes & charmed/dominated aggro

And finally, if at all possible, please restore/add the Bardic abilities from my other post. Same goes for the special attacks in that post, although those are less important to me.

4. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

A few answers for some of your post.

5. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Useless babble to be able to post.

6. Skittles

Skittles Kind of Delicious

It seems to for me, in the miscellaneous box. Did you test it by moving around to different characters, trying different instances, etc.?

I don't seem to have this problem--do you only notice that with hill giants?

You've never tripped a snake? Definitely doable, except it's more like a roll than a trip... I guess that makes less sense for the larger varieties who're usually trying to ingest you in ToEE, but I'm not sure that making it impossible is quite just either. Maybe just a special bonus to resist trip attacks...?

7. Hal900x

Hal900x Member

I could have sworn it said something in either the in-game help or the 3.5 PH about non-legged creatures being untrippable, but all it says is that if target has 4 legs or is "otherwise more stable it gets a +4 on the strength check."

8. Gaear

If we have broken your disbelief, then I am happy. (As opposed to your disbelief remaining intact :p) Seriously though, we'd need to know where the spelling errors are in order to fix them. We'll take care of 'vegitation.'

Hmm, I don't think there's more than one chance to talk to him regardless, so the only dialog he has should be like it's the first time. I'll look at it, but what does he say that seems wrong?

What is the skill panel? Do you mean its long description and/or the stat box below your inventory for selected items, or something on the skills page of your character sheet?

They may indeed not have the custom break free script. That was a scripting workaround by Livonya, so it's not an automatic engine mechanic like most combat behaviors. It's sort of a pita to add for every critter.

I'll look at that.

What do you mean, specifically?

I'll look.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  9. Shaharazaad

Shaharazaad Member

I reloaded everything and it's working now. I'd swear I talked to everyone in order before, but I could be delusional.

Thanks everyone!

10. Ipon

Ipon Member

- [bug?] The Giant in the temple still regards Bugbears as "We're on the same side!" even though he's joined your party against the Temple. But maybe he's just that crafty

- [bug?] The monk/wizard in blue in the room where the temple's main wizard is, continues to cast spells against my party after I charmed in him round 1. (Spiritual hammer, Inflict Wounds etc). I imagine he's running off a script.

11. Gaear

@Broken Finger, your courage aura post is pretty much an engine-related matter, so I moved it to the ToEE bug thread. No idea what's going on there, and little chance that it will ever be addressed, sorry.

I don't follow ... he doesn't like it when you hit bugbears in combat?

Well most everybody runs off certain scripts and AI, yeah. Senshock would be the temple's main wizard, so do you mean Barkinar (7th level cleric) the 'commander of the troops,' or Deggum (4th level cleric, 3rd level wizard) the 'commander of the guards?'

12. Hal900x

Hal900x Member

Hi Gaear. Let's see: I mean suspension of disbelief. You got me. I was planning to note the various misspellings, but alas, I blew it. There's a few in Verbobonc and so on, next playthrough I'll catch them. Spelling fanatic out. As for Dokolb, again that will have to be another playthrough, as I only keep the last 25 saves or so.

I expected to see the cloak as a bonus, misc or otherwise, in my character's skill page. I didn't see it there.

Thanks to the team for adding that escape script to some of the mobs, then. I had no idea it wasn't even in the original game. That makes an cc super overpowered, eh?

Sometimes if you charm a mob, say, a bugbear, then kill him with friendly fire, he is unlootable. The behavior is the same as if you try to have an NPC party member loot something. The body will highlight, you'll walk to it, but nothing further.

As for the Bard stuff, really the only reason I even posted it was in hopes that it's hiding inside the game as unimplemented content. I have no idea how difficult it is to add, but I'm guessing very, if not impossible, if it's not hidden in a py file or somesuch. It is strange that it's referred to so often in both the official manual and in-game help, but I'm repeating myself now. Ah, wishes.

13. Gaear

I checked out the cloak and its bonus was listed in the Hide skill, with the cloak mentioned by name in the detail:

Attached Files:

14. Hal900x

Hal900x Member

Hrrm. Well, fluke or user error. I'll look again. Here's another suggestion: is it possible to reduce the loot? Maybe drop the values of certain items? Gems come to mind, magic weapons, etc. I have half a million GP or so at this point. I'm like the Bill Gates of the Flaeness.

This is more a bug, but: when spugnoir casts analyze dweomer, a few different things happen: a numbered chooser for spells such as haste (1/5, click on portrait, 2/5, etc) pops up. Since I know the spell is supposed to identify up to 5 magic items I click on spugnoir 5 times, having placed 5 unidentified items in his pack. Not only does nothing get identified, but floating text above his head says "Not enough money". Since he has thousands of GP in his pack I doubt this is the issue. I have also tried distributing the unidentified magic items amongst party members and choosing them with the spell's selector, but again, no effect. Am I doing it wrong?

15. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi Hal
    The way Analyze Dweomer works is that it "Identifies" EVERY magic item carried by up to 5 people in your party. Lets, say you have cleaned out the 2nd Level of the temple, and have all those magic weapons, suits of armor, etc... to Identify. No problem !! Fill up the inventory of up to five people in your party with the magic items you wish to Identify, cast Analyze Dweomer, and then select those 5 people, and the spell will identify every item they have in their inventory.
    The Royal Canadian

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!