Two Things You Don't Do Well

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gaear, Apr 18, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Name them.

1. Tell a joke

I literally can't tell a joke. If I ever hear one that I think is funny and want to share it, I have to recite it to someone in the hopes that they'll pass it along, as in "There's this joke, it goes like this: you say 'blah-blah-blah,' then you say 'blah-blah-blah,' and hopefully people will think it's funny."

2. Turn a phrase

You'll never hear me say "a bird in the bush is worth two in the hand" or anything like that, nor will I ever invent my own such saying.

2. maalri

maalri Immortal

1. Remember people's faces. I have to use mnemonic tricks.

2. Dance or do anything much that requires rythm like stay on a beat. I have it and feel it in my soul, but I can't get it to come out (where other poeple recognize it anyway) to save my life.

3. whatsername74

whatsername74 The Poison Woman

1. Roller Skate-- or ice skate, or skateboard, or ski. I can't do any of that sort of thing.

2. Lie--I'm as transparent as a ghost. I stutter and trip over my words out of guilt.
    For example, whenever I call out of work. I plan on a big elaborate excuse but as soon as my boss picks up I confess that I'm just hungover and don't wanna come to work.

4. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Two things I don't do well?

Well, I do everything well.

I'm even the best at being humble! :roll:

5. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

I see a long career in politics in the making :poke:
    The two things I don't do well are:
    1.) Remember people ( sometimes I remember the face but not the name, other times it's the opposite )
    2.) Keep my room neat ( hell of a thing for an ex-soldier to admit to no ??)

6. Scryler

Scryler Night's Wordsmith

There are soooo many things I don't do well. Where do I start?

1) Probably the most noticeable thing is keeping my car, inside and out, clean. It is a rolling garbage can and looks like it, too. I should be embarrassed. But I'm not. I really don't care. Maybe because I don't really like my car. One person I know actually got mad at me because of the way I don't keep my car.

2) Cook. I can do it well enough. But again, I just don't care. I eat a lot of slop food. Easy to fix, fast to eat. It's healthy food. But still slop. High on the list: spaghetti, homemade soup, my version of stir fry and rice (my version is mostly steamed, not fried). I burn what I cook more often than not (thank you god for rice cookers).

I can lie exceptionally well. I just prefer not to. So I rarely do. Lying to myself now, that's a different story. And I do change my mind a lot.

I don't remember jokes. I only know 2 jokes, one is short, one takes about 10 minutes to tell. Here's the short one: what's red and has 7 dents? Snow white's unmentionable fruit.

I remember faces. I do not remember names and don't worry about it. If you are in my life long enough, I'll get your name down. If not, I haven't used up any brain cells. (I need the brain cells for cooking ;) )

7. darkfeld01

darkfeld01 Ancient Lurker

1: Dance and sing, i have a terrible voice

2: Tell a story without emblishing, i don't even do it on purpose most times, being a DM for so long and a player i think i'm pretty creative, but i have a crappy memory for most things so my mind fills in the blanks. i usually hit the important points though, my details are just better than real life :shrug:

8. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

And even if I can not do something perfectly now, I can always learn and improve my skills.

Currently I am not very good at singing and fighting with a knife.

9. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

1. I can't fold a fitted sheet

2. My spelling it quite bad really

3. speak russian (even though I'm trying, damn earthquakes interfearing with lessons)

reguarding lying; I seem to be good enough at that, not that I go out of my way or am dishonest, but when the situation called for a twist to the truth.
    Thats also probly why I can also tell jokes well, often I'll forget the "filler" parts of jokes so I'll just make up something on the spot that fits. along with timing and delivery and not forgetting the important part of what makes the joke actully funny.

an old woman is sitting on a bus, with a package sitting on the seat next to her. A man gets onto the bus at the next stop and goes to sit on the seat next to the old woman. "Watch Out! Package!" exclames the woman
    "Well if you didn't want your package crushed you shouldn't have put it there" the man replies angrily
    "I was taking about your package, this is full of nails"

@SM, hopfully there's never an actual reason you'll ever have to be any good at fighting with a knife

Last edited: Apr 19, 2011
  10. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

Joke) Is this an international joke, or you have chosen a Russian joke on purpose?

Knife) Yes, I hope for that too, but if it comes to the contrary... I better learn the technique sometime soon I think.

11. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

You may not get but one chance. ;)

Successful lying depends on who you're lying to more than anything else, I think, so you can be a good liar with a rube and a poor liar with some hardcase who knows all the up-down-left-right stuff at the same time.

12. Sergio Morozov

Sergio Morozov Paladin

One chance to practice, yea... But... Otherwise I could have NO chances at all, right?

13. sirchet

Looks like I rolled a 1 on my BLUFF check, eh?

So, Things I don't do well ... BLUFF for one.

Forgive, I seem to hold a grudge :evilgrin: even though I realize people are only human and usually do what they think they need to do at the time.

14. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Well I heard the joke in english from a russian. He said eggs but I changed it to package, cos eggs just wasn't very funny.

if you're learning or want to learn knife fighting for similar reasons for buying your dirk that fine, but IRL I think learning a (self defence) martial art without weapons or just running away would be the best options. IMO weapons just make a dangerous situation worse ... unless you become skillful at taking your opponents weapon and using it against them :evilgrin:

15. sirchet

Awareness and a level head is a fantastic weapon and it's almost free.

Our Host!