"blurry" text, help/tips appreciated

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Rövapa, Apr 17, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Rövapa

Rövapa Member

Hi!
    i just bought and installed the gog.com version of this great game and installed the latest Co8 modpack and i am having a blast, but i do have one small problem. The problem is that the in-game text, and other stuff is kind of unfocused/blurry, dont know how to explain it better, english aint my native language. The "blurr" gives me a blinding headake and its realy straining on the eyes, quiet a problem when you want to dive in to a gaming marathon :sadblinky I have manualy adjusted the screen resolution to widescreen and fibbled around with the video settings both in the game and "on the videocard" to no effect.. If anyone does know how this can be fixed i would be realy greatful. Otherwise i just have to go to the store, buy some asperine and keep playing. Sorry if my english is kind of not perfect, but i hope you understand my problem. Cheers!

2. stage

stage Member

Make sure your running the game at correct resolution.
    Supported widescreen resolutions for ToEE are:

1280 x 720, 1280 x 768, 1280 x 800, 1440 x 900, 1680 x 1050

More here:
    http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=5629

You can explain it better by taking a screen from the game and upload it here for us to see.

3. Rövapa

Rövapa Member

Thanks for the tip, but i tried the "widescreen" thingy, it does not do any differens... I would have uploaded a screenshot, but i donk think you would see the problem... you kind of have to play the game to experience it, the effect is like when you use a pair of glasses that is slightly the wrong strength. Funny thing is that i had the same problem when i played this game when it first was released ages ago. Thanks for the reply, realy apprieciat it!

4. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Just checking, but could the problem lie in your video settings on your computer/graphic card?

5. Rövapa

Rövapa Member

could be... you dont have any advise of what it could be do you? ;)

6. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Not actual advise, but you might want to tweak the settings and see if that changes anything for the text. Another thing you might want to try is barrow a friend's monitor and see if that changes anything for you. If so, then it may well be your monitor that is effecting the blurriness.

I am not tech savvy, so can only offer some general checklists.

Our Host!