List of armor types?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Hal900x, Apr 6, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. Hal900x

Hal900x Member

Is there a spreadsheet or link to a list of all the armor types in this game? Notice I said types, as in Light, Medium or Heavy. For standard D&D stuff, I can look in my PvP manual, but for newer stuff like Troll Bone Armor I can't. There are plenty of sites with the various stats (excepting the Co8 content) for each suit, but they all seem to leave out the type.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I don't think there's any such list here at this time. Why don't you look them all over in-game and make one? :)

3. Hal900x

Hal900x Member

Look them all over, where? Where is this stat located? I mean, I can estimate from the weight, but that's not precise: some suits have the same weight but are considered a different type. For example, Chain Shirt (light) and Hide (medium) are both 45lbs. Am I missing something in the UI? And in case this is relevant, the Max Speed value always shows as a bar on all armors so far.

Edit: Many suits do have Shift-Click popups, but many do not. Even for those that do, I was told not to trust that info.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  4. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Look at them in the shops. The smiths have a good selection, as does Ah Fong.

5. EvilCatEars

EvilCatEars Member

Starting shopmap has, in chests, most armor types (excluding heaviest), and ingame help (equipment -> armor) covers the rest. All these armors can be bought and shift-clicked for stats and type (checked it). Only armors that cant be checked easily, are elven mails (which are all light anyway).

Max speed shows just fine in my version, both in armor statistic window and when shift-clicked.

Special armors like troll bone or Hedracks plate, belongs to normal armor classses, and I think they have exactly the same stats as their normal counterparts (they just look differently / have some enhancements).

Only data that you cant find about armor is its material type (important, as druids cant wear metal armors). This actually makes me wonder if druid with heavy armor proficiency could wear troll bone armor.

6. J'allan UlDragos

J'allan UlDragos Dragon Warrior

Yeah, a druid can wear troll bone armor, or dragon plate as they are made from "natural" sources. IF they have the Heavy armor feat that is!

7. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Well speaking from my own play throughs, a single class druid can indeed use and wear troll bone armor with no penalties, and an added plus is that it is considered masterwork, so you can enhance it to make it even more protective.

8. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

They can also use the dwarven stone armor, and the coral armor. Wizards can wear the Bondleaf (+1 AC) with no penalty.

9. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Thanks GG for the extra info. I was aware of the arcane users ability of wearing bondleaf,
    but not the other two. :)

Our Host!