Desperate Housewives

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by jweld97, Feb 22, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Perhaps the the DH encounters can be retooled as random encounters, but with minor alterations in the dialog and different loot drops.

2. mooses

mooses Member

All of you are lucky. when I had 5.0.0 I could never get DH to work. I could start the quest, get ilo's joy, and hemlock. thats it. I could not find the dead mother, the old woman in the churche's basement did not respond to the quest at all, i could not find the noisy people upstairs, it was empty, and i could not find the rat. I tried upstairs nd downstairs at night, and i tried to go outside and wait 24 hours for it to be night again, etc... oh well :(

3. rbc

rbc Shoggoth

DAMN! That totally SUCKS!! Talking to Frank is, bar none, my single most favorite part of the entire game!!! "Eczema. Eczema makes you grow 20 feet tall and sprout wings?" Now I know what my next modding project is -- I must find a way to revive DH, at least for my own use, or I will never be truly happy playing any of the newer Co8 mods!

4. maalri

maalri Immortal

I must agree, the Frank episode rocked. So did the beginning, when your charachter said something like "Wait a minute, did you say live sacrifices?"

And the reward was uber. Very useful and totally not game unbalancing at all.

Perhaps ShiningTed- I think he is the original maker- can give you the blocks of information to be retooled. I cannot see where any of the places are used by other things now, and if they are, move them. The "little problem" at the Wench is freakin' Hilarious too, the Kings dialogue is almost as funny as Frank's.

5. GuardianAngel82

My only disappointment was that there wasn't a Balrog and a true King Rat fight in Homlett.

6. rbc

rbc Shoggoth

OK, now I'm confused. I've been playing through the 6.0.0 NC mod for several days now, looking specifically for such conflicts, but I don't see a single one! What am I missing? What locations specifically do you have in mind, Ted? It all looks wide open to me.

7. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

^ One I can think of is Great King Rat upstairs in the inn conflicting with the Verbo "Wanted" quest.

8. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Well, its mainly the ending: the hall is being used for other things now, and the music no longer fits there so has been removed. There's no way we can hot-swap music files to play one soundstrack at one point and one at another, so one of the main elements is gone (or would interfere with everything else) plus a major probablility of clashing events later.

Also, the mod has outgrown DH, its that simple :shrug:

All the files are there in the earlier releases if people want to play with it - feel free!

9. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

It is? Like what? I don't recall it being used for anything, ever...

10. GuardianAngel82

For a while, it had the final fight of the DH quests, with Elmo's uncle, over the Sandalwood Box.

11. maalri

maalri Immortal

Shh, don't mention the (awesome) Sandalwood box! It is supposed to be a secret!

BTW is there a TOEE formatted list number for that box, so I can console it in?

I literally hate having to type so many characters to teleport.

12. rbc

rbc Shoggoth

What? I am nowhere close to finished with 6.0.0 NC, but I'd like to know.
    This is easily worked around. There's still at least one building in Hommlet with no entrance (the house between the mill and Fruella), which could easily be re-purposed to have the DH version of the town hall interior, which could keep its own music.
    I strongly disagree, which is exactly why I've already started playing with the earlier files. :D
    If you haven't dealt with GKR long before you get to Verbobonc -- probably before you go to the Moathouse the first time! -- something in your strategy is very strange.
    The box is proto 12889. The orb of the moons is proto 12890.

13. maalri

maalri Immortal

Thanks, but these are actually backwards. Moons is 12889, Sandalwood is 12890. Found out by trial and error :)

Our Host!