Issue with Paladin's Smite Evil

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by mhwittek, Feb 24, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. mhwittek

mhwittek Member

All,
    I have been having an issue with the Paladin's Smite Evil action. Before the Mod v6.0 NC, I would choose this option, and the cursor would change then I could choose which target to use the Smite Evil against. Now, when I try to choose this option, the game acts as if I skipped the Paladin's turn, and goes to the next party member or creature next in combat. No wait for instructions or a cursor change. Just a skipped turn. Is this a new bug for the latest CO8 Mod, or am I doing something wrong? Is this a known issue; perhaps in the FAQs? Any workarounds or thoughts?

Thanks for the assistance,
    Mike W.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2011
  2. Racin

Racin Member

I haven't played a group that included a paladin for a while, but as far as I remember I found that I had to hold the cursor over the enemy I wanted to smite when selecting the smite option in the radial menu. If I just selected smite without having chosen a target I had the same problem you describe.

3. mhwittek

mhwittek Member

Hello Racin,
    Thanks for the workaround. I did try placing the cursor over the intended target of the Smite Evil then I chose the Smite Evil option from the radial menu, and it fired off like a charm. Again thanks for the information.

Regards,
    Mike W.

Our Host!