Final Word on Using CO8 with GOG's TOEE?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by rainman11, Feb 13, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. rainman11

rainman11 Member

Ok...

I have read all the posts on this forum and on GOG's TOEE forum on how to get CO8's mod package to work with GOG's downloaded version of TOEE, and am still confused. I am using Windows XP.

What is the simple layman's method for properly using CO8 with the TOEE that you download directly from GOG?

1) Do i just follow the instructions in the latest CO8 install instructions, which tell you to NOT install the ATARI patches 1 and 2 (or 3)?

http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6695

2) Do i NOT need to install ATARI patch 2 in order to overwrite the ATARI patch 3 that is supposedly installed by GOG? The install instructions at CO8 (see above link) indicate that i do NOT need to revert my GOG downloaded TOEE to patch 2, rather that i just don't need to install any ATARI patches (not patch 1, 2, or 3).

3) Assuming following the install instructions in the CO8 link above, will the game work properly all the way thru, using Windows XP?

Thanks!
    Randy
    :)

2. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

You may have an anti-virus error that thinks toee.exe is a trojan, but it's not.
    Bypass/allow/ignore, whatever your AV allows.

3. shapecharge

shapecharge Established Member

Rainman,

If you have the GOG version its all ready patched up with everything you need.

I have GOG and here is what I did:

1. Download CO8 whichever version you want to use, I am assuming 6.0.0. and either NC or not.
    2. when it ask you what folder to extract it to its default will be atari, you need to change this hit your browse button and switch it to the GOG/temle of elem...
    3. have it make the icon to your desk top
    4. Right click the desktop Icon and choose run as adminstrator.
    5. you will see the original TOEE and the 6.0.0 choose to activate 6.0.0 and BE Patient may take 5-10min.
    6. Ready to play

if you want the 6.0.1 patch download it and make sure it goes to the gog file as above, and then right click runas adminstrator and choose to activate module. once again be patient..

Hope this helps..and as make sure your anti-virus isn't the problem as the previous poster mentioned.

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

The simple layman's method is to ... follow the instructions. :p

Seriously, the answer to #1 is yes - follow the instructions, and the answer to #2 is correct - you do not need to install Atari patch 2, as per the instructions.

5. rainman11

rainman11 Member

Thanks! I followed the instructions last night. Didn't 'run as administrator' (not sure even where to do that?), but it loaded it fine and the game seems to be playing fine...

Randy
    :)

6. Anthom

Anthom Member

You're using XP. You don't need to worry about running it as administrator. :)

Our Host!