Circle of Eight Modpack v6 / v6 NC Bug Report Thread

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Dec 29, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack 6.0.x / 6.0.x NC Bug Report Thread

IIRC, they're supposed to be ambivalent, per the PnP module.

I'll check into it.

[edit] Checked - they are in fact set to grant +5 to AC. Something else must be affecting your AC negatively. Have a click on the AC box to see what's going on.

Unfortunately yes - we don't have higher level domain spells for every domain.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  2. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

stage, in your screenshot above, your character is wearing a cloak and bracers. Was your character wearing a Cloak of Resistance +1 and Bracers of Armor +1 when you equipped the Robe of the Archmagi? Resistance bonuses and armour bonuses don't stack, so your character's resistances wouldn't increase and his AC would increase by 4 (because the Cloak of Resistance +1 was already providing a +1 resistance bonus, and the Bracers of Armor +1 were already providing a +1 armor bonus to AC.

3. stage

stage Member

Hi guys

You are absolutely correct. Removed cloak and bracers and I am receiving correct bonuses. Sorry for that. So just not to be totally spamming with this post, according to d20srd, the robe should give +4 on saving throws and not +1 like it is now.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicitems/wondrousitems.htm

Robe of the Archmagi

This normal-appearing garment can be white (01-45 on d%, good alignment), gray (46-75, neither good nor evil alignment), or black (76-100, evil alignment). Its wearer, if an arcane spellcaster, gains the following powers.

* +5 armor bonus to AC.
    * Spell resistance 18.
    * +4 resistance bonus on all saving throws.
    * +2 enhancement bonus on caster level checks made to overcome spell resistance.

If a white robe is donned by an evil character, she immediately gains three negative levels. The reverse is true with respect to a black robe donned by a good character. An evil or good character who puts on a gray robe, or a neutral character who dons either a white or black robe, gains two negative levels. While these negative levels never result in lost levels, they remain as long as the garment is worn and cannot be overcome in any way (including restoration spells).

Strong varied; CL 14th; Craft Wondrous Item, antimagic field, mage armor or shield of faith, creator must be of same alignment as robe; Price 75,000 gp; Weight 1 lb.

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

It seems they were very deliberately made that way (+1 resistance), so I think we'll leave it as is.

On the upside, I did change the inventory icons for white and black to regular white and black robes instead of the air temple and greater temple robes. :)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  5. Puncheron

Puncheron Manic Jester

I have a dual classed sorcerer/bard who is unable to cast her full allotment of spells. I understand that Spellslinger's contribution to the modpack should address this "out of available spells" problem.

I recently downloaded the game from gog.com; modpack 6.0 NC is the only version I've used.

TOEE, the CO8 modpack 6.0 NC and TFE-X are all in C:/program files/GOG.com/Temple of Elemental Evil.

I see that in an old thread, Spellslinger suggested that his file should be located in the modules folder. ( http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=3841 ) Not sure if this has any bearing on the issue at hand.

I've really been enjoying the game and the CO8 teams' contributions. Thanks for your help!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!