Circle of Eight Modpack v6 / v6 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Provodnik, Dec 30, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. t0x1n

t0x1n Member

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack 6.0.0 / 6.0.0 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Looks great, thanks ! :chick:

2. Arkaby

Arkaby Member

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack 6.0.0 / 6.0.0 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Hi! First time EVER on a board. Really. So if I do something "odd," sorry.

Just started v.6 and am trying to do Decklo adventure. Whenever I go there my characters are "invisible," the spiders are invisible, I can't make any actions although all my people respond with voice acknowledgements, and the spiders know where I am and web me and attack me.

Also, I know I read this somewhere else, but I can't remember where, but the people in Hommlet all freeze unless my party is near them. Kinda weird :)

3. Arkaby

Arkaby Member

Tried to do the bog just now. My characters and the monsters were visible when I had a random encounter on the way, but when I got to the bog, same story. All invisible and i could do nothing. Weird.

4. stage

stage Member

The freezing NPC is OK, so don't worry about that. It is working as intended. :)

But the invisible issue is strange... :D So maybe try to change some of the graphic options and see what happens, also from your VGA control panel, if there is things like AA overwrite, let the application control it and so on...

Also check if you installed everything correctly. So until the big guys see and reply to you, try playing with that. :)

5. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

What king of computer and graphics card are you using?

6. Arkaby

Arkaby Member

System Manufacturer HP-Pavilion
    System Model NP253AA-ABA p6157c
    System Type x64-based PC
    Processor AMD Phenom(tm) 9650 Quad-Core Processor, 2300 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250

Umm...what else do you need?

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Sounds like you're using an unsupported widescreen resolution. See the widescreen sticky thread in this forum for a list of supported resolutions.

8. Arkaby

Arkaby Member

There are 4 AA settings I think. They are all either "off" or "application controlled"
    Hmm...I think I installed everything correctly. How would I know if I didn't?

9. Arkaby

Arkaby Member

Okay! checked out native (1920x1080) AND I was trying to play game at 1600x1200 (which is exactly what you said in the other thread...about having the options regardless of whether or not the monitor could do it). I changed it to 1680x1050 and everyone is back! YAY!!!!! Thanks for schooling me! :)

10. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

When examining Spugnoir's spells, it states that his spells per day for level 1 spells are -18/3 (see screenshot below).

The recruitable NPC Ted has 1 HP (see screenshot below).

When Burne is recruited into the party, he is wearing 2 Scarab Necklaces and 2 Garnet Rings in the SAME slots respectively (see screenshot below).

Burne's spell screen states that his number of level 1 spells per day is 4/5 (yet he has no spells memorized or spells that he has already cast) (see screenshot below).

It seems that all spellcaster NPCs that join the player's party have NO memorized spells. Spugnoir, Burne, and Ronald have no memorized spells when they join my party (see screenshots below). I dropped Pishella from my party, and then recruited her again. She retained all of the XP, levels, and items from when I dropped her but she had no memorized spells when I recruited her the second time (whereas she had lots of memorized spells at the time that I dropped her). Is it possible for spellcaster NPCs to have memorized spells when they join the player's party? It would seem more realistic to me if they did.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  11. gazra_1971

The Earth Temple Altar still has a blank white square when looting it on the looting interface (see screenshot below).

On the Temple of Elemental Evil dungeon level 1, the Earth Temple Lieutenant "readies versus approach" every round in the big combat involving him. I think that his tactics aren't very effective. It means that archers & spellcasters can finish him off without the risk of retaliation from him. You might want to consider changing his combat tactics (A.I. script) to more aggressive behaviour.

Attached Files:

12. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi Gazra
    Just a few comments if I may. I will intersperse my comments (in Green) in your original post.
    The Royal Canadian

13. stage

stage Member

It's 4/5 as Burne casts Mage Shield as soon you walk into the tower (as the rest of the mages do the same actually).

But agree on the rest, that all NPC should come with pre-learned spells, giving them more identity.

14. gazra_1971

The Royal Canadian, if you look at the screenshot of Ted above, then you can see that his "brothers" Ed and Ed both have 13 HP (in the portraits at the bottom of the screen).

stage, I believe that the spells that NPC spellcasters like Calmert, Terjon, Jaroo, Spugnoir, and Burne cast as your party enters their map are spells that are scripted and therefore do not use up any of the spellcaster's spells per day. If you continuously enter and then exit and then enter the maps of the fore-mentioned NPC spellcasters, then they will keep casting their buffing spells everytime that your party enters their map indefinitely. Try it and see for yourself.

Brother Smyth sells masterwork versions of all of the normal weapons that he also sells except for the Double Greataxe and the Great Mace. Is there a reason why Brother Smyth doesn't sell masterwork versions of these 2 weapons? The Great Mace has a critical threat range of 19-20x3 so if a masterwork version of the weapon was available to buy then it would make almost all other masterwork weapons redundant.

Sneak Atttacks and Critical Hits are still working on Will-o'-Wisps (see screenshots below) when these monsters are supposed to be immune to them because they don't have any vital organs. Is it possible to fix this or is this hard-coded?

I don't know, The Royal Canadian. I'll check it some time soon and report back.

The recruitable NPC Kella has no entry under "Critter Deity" in her prototype. Could somebody who has the original PnP module please check whether it states the deity that she worships (if any)?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  15. MB

MB Member

Re: Changes in Co8 6.0.2

6.0.1: Regarding the spiders in deklo grove. Has the AI been changed to KOS for them? The last 3 parties I've made have been waxed by these guys. I remember with previous mods the spiders would sit around until pcs started exploring. Now the spiders attack within seconds of entering the grove, and execute a flawless ambush. I've lost my last 3 parties to these guys. Hoping that my 4th attempt will be successful. Of course the whole random number generator issue doesn't help at 1st level.

Edit. Well finally made it past the spiders. Quite easily this time as a matter of fact. Spider #2 resisted the bard's fascinate but went down to my wizards sleep. My rogue moved close to administer the coup degrace but spider #1 decided to web my rogue leaving all 4 of my remaining pcs out of the web. Furthermore my rogue was within range to administer the coup degrace, so really a wasted web. My fighter and cleric advanced on spider #1 and waxed him in 2-3 rounds. Probably the easiest fight I've had with these critters. :pelvicthr

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!