I need help,advice...im confused

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by cichy1012, Feb 2, 2011.

Remove all ads!
  1. cichy1012

cichy1012 Member

Guess Im so used to linear games. I need some direction.
    Im new to these types of games.

Im true neutral. I talked to Jaroo.. Cleared the moathouse. Now he tells me to go to nulb or merley suggests it.
    Is this where I go? Is this the correct direction cause there are a ton of other quests.

Is there a walkthrough?

2. Kilraven

Kilraven Chaotic Good Lich

Yes, Nulb is your next straight line objective.

However, there is plenty more places to explore, talk to the townsfolk for leads.

3. stage

stage Member

Don't forget to ask for something different brother Smyth ;)

4. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

The whores are in Nulb.

5. stage

stage Member

And pirate Queens...

6. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

cichy1012, I believe that the ideal order to play the game in is in the following order (but it's up to the player what order that he/she wants to do things):

1. any quests in Hommlet that you can be bothered doing
    2. Welkwood Bog
    3. Deklo Grove (talk to Tarim (Woodcutter) at building #3 in the Hommlet map below)
    4. Moathouse
    5. Emridy Meadows (talk to Terjon in the Church of St. Cuthbert in Hommlet) (leave the Hill Giant until your characters are level 6)
    6. Hickory Branch (leave Lord Hungous and the Fiendish Minotaur until later)
    7. Arena of Heroes (leave the third contest until later if you have a weak party)
    8. Nulb (leave the Nulb house ambush until later if you have a weak party)
    9. The Temple of Elemental Evil (broken tower & dungeon levels 1-4)
    10. Imeryds Run (talk to Grud Squinteye in Nulb)
    11. Moathouse Respawn
    12. Verbobonc
    13. Earth Node (brown teleporter) & Air Node (white teleporter)
    14. Water Node (blue teleporter)
    15. Fire Node (red teleporter)
    16. Zuggtmoy's prison

There is a sort-of-walkthrough for the game. It's at the following link (but be warned, it is full of spoilers, so it will detract from your enjoyment of discovering things in the game for yourself):

http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8742

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  7. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

A party of 1st level character could go after the hill giant if they prepared correctly-Druid with Entangle spell, or a wiz/soc with web scroll, and everyone loading up on missile weapons and all spell casters prepare summoning spells as meat shields. Best time to go for him is 3rd level when wizards can get web, clerics have Spiritual Weapon, and summons last 3 rounds. Having a druid can turn the tide in this battle with Entangle and charming the bear.

8. Ipon

Ipon Member

gazra, thanks for the ordered list. Do you think you could add level ranges? It would help for those of us who are fumbling though to make sure not to do quest that are well below our level -- and to save them for the next time through the game.

I did Hickory Branch with a party of 6, level 4. Now I'm lvl 6 so I guess I'll skip Emridy Meadows and the Arena for next run.

9. shapecharge

shapecharge Established Member

IMO,

Emirdy Meadows your probly to strong for. But Arena you should be ok with 6 people 6 lvl.
    I play Iron man though so I can be pretty timid about hitting an area at to low of lvl, because of the finality of my games should I lose everyone in a battle. so that might be why I usually hit Emiridy Meadows between 3-4 lvl range and Arena 5-7 lvl range. Iron man probly got me a little more cautious then others though.

Shapecharge

10. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi iPon
    Here is the order I have done so far, including the PC levels. I should point out that I started with a party of 5 PCs.

Hommlet Quests (including the Deklo Grove) ........ Level 1
    Welkwood Bog (with Meleny) ................................ Level 2 (Meleny was Level 1)
    Moathouse (with Meleny and Elmo) ...................... Level 3 (Meleny was Level 2)
    Emridy Meadow (with Mel and Elmo) ..................... Level 4 (Mel was Lvl 2, Elmo Lvl 5)
    Nulb (excluding "Eye.." and "Assassination")......... Level 4 (with Mel and Elmo)
    Hickory Branch (except Cave and Minotaur)........... Level 4 (with Mel and Elmo)
    Hickory Branch (cave and Minotaur) ...................... Level 5 (with Mel and Elmo)
    Arena of Heroes and Nulb Ambush ....................... Level 6 - 7 (the Fighter died in the Arena)
    Earth Temple ........................................................ Level 7 - 8 (with Mel and Elmo)
    Verbobonc ( except Slavers, Assassin quests )..... Level 9 ( with Mel and Elmo )
    Temple Levels 2 and 3 .......................................... Level 10 ( with Mel and Elmo )
    Temple Level 4 (except for OMG !! Fight ) ............. Level 11 ( with Mel and Elmo )

I should point out that I cleared the Broken Tower at the Temple either at 4th or 5th Level, definitely no higher than 6th Level. As has been pointed out there are some fights early on that can be challenging, unless you are either properly prepared, or lucky, or both. The Deklo Grove for instance can be done at first Level ( it helps to have either a Wizard or a Sorcerer with 2 "Sleep" spells), but it's tricky (especially if the bad guys get the initiative). Some of the fights in the Moathouse can be challenging too) and one of the toughest fights in the game (at least in my opinion) is at Imeryd's Run (you get that quest in Nulb)

The Royal Canadian

11. Ipon

Ipon Member

Thanks, guys. That's very helpful.

I went to Verbobonc with my party of 6, lvl 5 but the lvl 1 skeletons made it seem like I was in the wrong place. Currently I'm in the Temple (earth, I think). Made it through the whole level except what I think is the final room (about 15 humans and a human with a magic sword -- who is currently fighting for me :) ). Might retreat and rest -- I'm out of magic.

12. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Ghoul's touch is your friend. Makes the fight a lot easier. That, and a rogue backstabbing King Frog.

Our Host!