Circle of Eight Modpack v6 / v6 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Provodnik, Dec 30, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackfly

blackfly Established Member

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack 6.0.0 / 6.0.0 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

I have something regarding 6.0.0NC that I have NEVER experienced before.

My Dwarven Fighter/Cleric CANNOT turn undead. Whenever I select the option from the radial menu it states "out of charges", and I know for a fact I have not used it (I hate using it at lower levels as turning makes me have to chase them down, which is more work). I cannot figure this one out. I am not sure if this is related to my thread regarding not being able to use changes in the PROTOS.tab files, but since my computer has not changed in any way in years I figure it can't be the computer as in previous versions of the game I could turn and enable changes in the PROTOS.tab.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  2. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack 6.0.0 / 6.0.0 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Yes, I did talk to Darlia about the quest. I just feel that a forced dialogue option to tell Wilfrik about assassination plans as part of the quest-report dialogue branch isn't very intuitive. Feel free to disagree *shrug*.

PS. Everything I've written in the last few days pertains to 6.0.0 NC.

On another note, I do get dialogue options with Lerrik about people following me without actually seeing anyone. Of course, I may have simply not noticed...

What's the cleric's CHA score? Dwarves are known for being ugly, and CHA determines the # of Turn Undead per day.

3. Dragonsatemydog

Dragonsatemydog Member

I'm having trouble with the shopmap. When I start a Neutral Good party it jumps straight to the alley in Mitrik with the murderer, skipping the shop map. Other than that, it seems to be running fine, I've not tried it with other party alignments yet. I'm running it on Windows 7. If this has been mentioned before can someone direct me to the solution.

Thanks in advance

4. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Try another alignment. If the problem persists, I'd suggest you do a full clean re-install because it'd mean you've got a broken installation. Just make sure you follow all the steps exactly as described.

5. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

No, that's fair enough, and I see no reason not to add an out there. I'm just glad its not the old bug reappearing in exciting new ways.

One of the problems with integrating the RL you and the CRPG you ... the SB guys get 'seen' if x and y conditions are met, not if you see them on the screen with your own RL eyes.

Did you activate the 6.0.0 module?

6. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi Blackfly
    One quick question: What is your Fighter/ Cleric's Charisma ?? According to d20srd (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/cleric.htm#turnorRebukeUndead) "A cleric may attempt to turn undead a number of times per day equal to 3 + his Charisma modifier." If your Fighter / Cleric has a really low Charisma ( 4 or 5 ) then his Charisma modifier would be -3 which would mean he would be able to turn undead 3 + (-3 Charisma modifier) = 0 times.
    The Royal Canadian

7. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Remembered another thing:

There's an issue with pricing for rings of fire and cold resistance. The minor res. rings cost more than major resistance rings.

--------------

Also, black breastplates +1 on hextor clerics in TOEE ground lvl are already identified.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  8. Veldan Rath

Veldan Rath Member

I've installed Temple onto a new laptop with the Atari Patch 1 and 2 then 6.0.0 NC, but every time I start I get:

Another instance of ToEE Front-End X is already running!

I've rebooted, and when I try again I get the same error.

Windows 7

9. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Now THATS lurking!!! That question has also been answered today, do a quick search of today's threads (I'd link but I'm at work).
    Will do when I get home.

10. Gaear

Their protos are priced right, and they were right in-game for me. Is there some special circumstance you're talking about?

Fixed.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  11. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

All of them really. The ones I got from Wilfrik encounter and Canon square encounter. Ring of minor fire res. sold for roughly 15k, while major resistance went only for 10-11k. I double-checked the cold res., those seem fine.

12. Gaear

Their actual values are 16000 gp for minor and 24000 for major.

It appears that this has to be pre-identified in order to work as an item that triggers the assassin upon sale to R&G.

13. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Well, obviously Appraise kicks in in my case. Still, for me Major costs way less than it should.

14. chano

chano Established Member

Did the monsters mash but could not get the high priest of pelor to talk to me about it so the quest is unfinished.
    Only dialogue with the priest is about healing unless i kill the hextorites next door.

15. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Attached - a fix for the Charm Person issue with the Lareth fight.

(Charmed guards will no longer wake up other slumbering guards, nor will they cry out to Lareth)

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!