Circle of Eight Modpack v6 / v6 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Provodnik, Dec 30, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolio

dolio Established Member Supporter

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack 6.0.0 / 6.0.0 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

It's a real spell. But there's no script or spell flags file for it, and I don't recall ever seeing a swarm of bats/rats/spiders enemy. So I don't think it could even be implemented with the existing resources.

2. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack 6.0.0 / 6.0.0 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

I just want to clarify that Lareth's voice samples sounded perfect (i.e. they weren't choppy at all). But I never heard Lareth's voice samples when he begs for his life because I killed him with a critical hit. Is this the reason why the Gigantic Spiders never showed up on the way out of the dungeon? Does Lareth summon them at the same time that he summons the Giant Spiders as reinforcements during the barracks combat?

I charmed Seleucas (Lieutenant) during the barracks combat but Seleucas yelled out to Lareth to assist him during the combat. Surely if Seleucas is charmed, then he wouldn't do that?

I charmed a Guardsman during the barracks combat. Lareth cast a spell on the charmed Guardsman that caused the Guardsman to collapse to the ground. However, one of my fighters made an attack of opportunity against the downed, charmed Guardsman. Is there any way that this can be fixed? Otherwise, it defeats the purpose of charming enemies.

You can't SHIFT-click the Shortsword +1 that you are given by Rannos Davl or Gremag if you accept their bribe to keep quiet about their ties with the Courier and the Temple of Elemental Evil.

After I fought the traders and killed Raimol, a DO NOT USE bullet appeared in the trading post in Hommlet (see screenshot below).

Another player reported a bug where multiple Merchant's Scales in a character's inventory cause their bonuses to stack (when obviously they shouldn't). Well, the same thing happens with the bonuses from multiple Scholar's Kits and multiple Healer's Kits respectively (see screenshot below). Is it possible to fix these bugs?

Attached Files:

3. ValorOfArms777

ValorOfArms777 Member

I can't even get the mod to pop up or do anything anyways...it crashed several times now it just dosn't pop up anymore and just stacks up in the application section of my running proccesses with nothing really happening

4. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

It can take quite awhile, just try at night and let it go all night, should be ready by morning.

5. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

I'll look at those kits. The bonuses are done as circumstance bonuses (so they stack), not sure what else to set them that the game will recognise without it being ridiculous (eg familiar bonus) or perhaps interfering with something else.

Ultimately though, since the only way to get multiple kits is to deliberately buy them - you won't find them as loot except maybe on Spugnoir - there's a certain expectation on the players not to deliberately abuse the exploit, much like they wouldn't deliberately cast Magic Weapon on a staff of striking.

6. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Started a new game. The bug with miscasts for spontaneous casters is still there from older versions.

(Spell slots 5/5)
    Cast spell - Miscast! (Defensive casting)
    (Spell slots 3/5)

I don't think spontaneous casters should be so disadvantaged compared to other casters, losing 2 spell slots on miscast compared to one.

-----------
    EDIT: Mathel is still easily rebuked (and I assume turned). When commanded, however, he just stands around and does nothing.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  7. Forgalz

Forgalz Established Member

They shouldn't stack in this case, though, as per the srd:
    This would suggest that the correct procedure be to check the source before adding a circumstance bonus.

Luck bonus mayhaps? Shouldn't interfere with Guidance (competence) and Heroism (morale), at least.

8. ValorOfArms777

ValorOfArms777 Member

Most likely not I did get it to run one time a few times but it started to bug out then crash out after the reselution thing I did (in wich it was orignaly reselution) now it just never wants to run period my system prob just dosn't "like" it the way it's programed is abit... hard to establish and get to work on a proper setting without it being "iffy or picky" which is also sufferable by the orignal game too... just not as much hopefully schematics will be doen to make it not so "dependant" on correct settings of perfectionwhich I cannot obtain no matter what applicationing I take

Just like to sit there start it be playing and not have a single crash for some reason if anybody for once find a true fix I would appreciate it but... I don't think it will come soon

Oh I didn't mean application section I ment proccess section meaning it's a proccess not a running application which is meaning it takes up all the data but dosn't run at all how "irritating"

9. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

1)Yet another issue at Moathouse - the guards will deliver sleep-breaking slaps even when charmed (which logically shouldn't happen).

2) The issue with charming Kobort resulting in charming Turuko as well at MH ambush is still present.

3) The tonfa has no sound on strike - is that intended?

10. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Charm Person & Raise Dead - the scripter's nightmare :p

Will fix next weekend.

11. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Fixed.

Probably hardcoded ... not much we can do about it.

At what level are you rebuking him? He has the HD he's supposed to have now.

It was probably just never given one.

Fixed.

12. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Sad :(

Level 2. Gnoll skeleton - cowering; Mathel - commanded. Consistently.

13. guinness22

guinness22 Nexus of the Crisis

I seem to be having an issue reporting the completion of Monster Mash to Canon Ramses. I received the quest, dispatched the Hextorites at the ToEE, but don't get a dialogue option to report it as complete. NG party, 4 PCs plus Meleny, Elmo, Otis and Pishella.

Also, maybe this is a known issue so more of a question, I notice that while my cleric of Pelor has access to 6th level spells and can memorize/cast them, he doesn't get any domain spells to choose from. Under the 'Domain' tab the spell slot is open for 6th, the spells for 1st through 5th level are listed to choose from, but no 6th.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    g22

14. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Haha, not to worry, there's more!

HB, short-time scenario. The outside fight does not fire if the orc Lord is charmed. I'm guessing it fires depending on whether he's alive or not...

15. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

What domains do you have? We were discussing this in a thread below the stickies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!