Circle of Eight Modpack v6 / v6 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Provodnik, Dec 30, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rummtata

rummtata Member

money bug?

Hey guys, while playing the new version (6.0.0 NC) I encountered a bizarre bug (?): My money vanishes from my inventory! Not all at once, but large sums. This seems to be happening between map changes, at least that's the impression I got when I tried to narrow the problem down. In savegame #01, in the tavern, I have over 40 platinum, a bit later in the deklo grove (#02) it's only 27 and shortly thereafter, back in hommleth (#03) I have merely 1 platinum left. I did not spend any money in the meantime, so where did it all go? :confused:

Is anyone else having this problem or is it known as a bug? Any advice would be appreciated.

UPDATE /// Found the problem: The game subtracts ten platinum from my inventory whenever I let my sorc identify an item. One *hundred* gold to cast an identify spell, that can't be intended, can it? :twitch:

UPDATE 2 /// Oh well, as soon as I knew what to search for it was easy to find the thread where this topic is discussed. Steep or not, the 100gp are intended... thx anyway ;-)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2011
  2. Forgalz

Forgalz Established Member

Re: money bug?

Well, you found out how ... I'm just going to add, this is probably the most realistic feature this game has to offer. :biggergri

3. zebrainz

zebrainz Yumm

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack 6.0.0 / 6.0.0 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Couple of things, probably already known issues, but I haven't seen them in any of the recent threads.

1. Summon Swarm scroll is still in the shop inventory at the Verb magic shop. Spell is not learnable by my wiz, has 2 DC (20 & 27) checks when trying to use by UMD. Varied results when trying to use. Wiz failed first DC check, scroll disappears. Rogue passed first, failed second, scroll stayed. Rogue (Very high UMD skill), passed both checks on second attempt, magic particle effect of spellcasting, scroll disappears, but no effect. Partially finished spell? (like acid fog?). Looks like an original inventory hangover from Verb 1.0 (just a guess).

2. Abundant Step for Monk (use monk's belt from inventory portion of the radial menu). Haven't played one in awhile, tried this in and out of combat. Both times Monk was transported completely off the Map (Verbobonc once and once in a random encounter). Couldn't find the character, but when right clicking to bring up the radial menu, I was able to trace location to the top of the map. Is this skill functional?

4. Vvall

Vvall Member

Re: Circle of Eight Modpack 6.0.0 / 6.0.0 NC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

First off,great mod,it really has improved the play of the game,second...I have a slight problem.I seem to have gotten a spell permanently
    cast upon me or something,my main Fighter seems to be under a Acid Fog spell,and it reeks havoc whenever I enter a town,it randomally starts killing townsfolk.I have tried to go to Jaroo,but alas,it "attacks" him as well.Not sure what or how this came about,but is there anyway to fix it.I killed the character,and it went away,but upon bringing him back to life the spell "attacked" the Priest at the temple in Hommlet.Any ideas on how to get rid of this problem...thanks in advance.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  5. chano

chano Established Member

Wow talk about B O :).

You could buy a raise dead scroll from mother shreng in Nulb, and there is one raise dead scroll among the loot from the church of st cuthbert.

6. acemcjack

acemcjack Member

Small question (without giving out too much info):

Is Verbobonc "Paladin friendly"? i.e. is there any content there that would be inaccessible to a party with a paladin, or make one fall for any reason?

Thanks!

7. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

Your paladin won't be able to do the following quests in Verbobonc (or at least, he morally should not be able to. Whether the computer game actually causes your paladin to fall if you do any of the following quests is anybody's guess):
    Robbery of a Hostel
    Framework of a Murder
    Catching the 'Cousin'
    Removing Wilfrick
    Contract on Canon Thaddeus

When I had a druid summon a Jackal, the Jackal initially attacked opponents. However, once the Jackal's HP were down to approximately 23 HP, the Jackal did nothing in all combats from then on - it never moved or attacked again during combats. Is this because the Jackal doesn't want to die so it no longer attacks until it is healed to near full HP again, or is this a bug?

There's a bug where NPCs in your party do not show their real names when you hold the mouse pointer over their portrait or their character during combat. Instead, the initial description of the NPC (before you first talked to them) is displayed. For example, instead of "Meleny" being displayed as it is supposed to, "Farmer's Daughter" is annoyingly displayed instead. Instead of "Pishella" being displayed, "Burne's Apprentice" (or is it "Burne's Assistant"?) is displayed instead.

I found a bug in the game engine where if you have all of your characters standing next to and facing a wall and then rest and get a random encounter, the monsters that spawn adjacent to your party remain benign and do not attack your party (i.e. the circles around their base are and remain green-coloured (see screenshot below). It's only when you turn 1 of your characters around to face the direction of the monsters that combat automatically starts. Funny. "No, no. You can't attack me because I can't see you!"

I'm playing 6.0.0 NC with 3 player-made PCs (a rogue and 2 half-orc fighters) and the NPCs Meleny and Pishella. With that party, I found Sitra Achara's new moathouse combat with Lareth a very closely-matched combat. My PCs went below 0 HPs on 3 occasions during the combat. I forgot to summon Meleny's Jackal before the combat so that made the combat slightly more difficult than it should have been for me. I recommend that the combat be made just a little bit harder - then I think that it would be "just right". That combat would be a cakewalk for a large party of player-made PCs!
    I did not apply Gaear's Lareth audio fix. When Lareth entered the barracks and finished moving, the initiative counter switched to my character who was just after Lareth in the initiative order. However, I did not enter any inputs with either my keyboard or mouse. There was a pause, then Lareth began his long speech that he always gives. His speech was in sentences with about a 5 second pause between each sentence (voice sample) that he said. There was NO stuttering of his speech (voice samples) what-so-ever! However, I think that it would be better if the player had some indication that Lareth's speech was over, so that the player could then get on with his/her turn.
    I killed Lareth with a critical hit so Lareth never begged for his life.

All of the previous times that I have done the moathouse ambush, Kobort, Zert and Turuko have always said their voice samples of their death monologues at the instant that each of them died during the combat, respectively. However, in 6.0.0 NC, it was only at the end of the combat that each of these NPCs showed their death monologue floating texts simultaneously, causing only 1 of these NPCs (I think that it was Zert) to say the voice sample of their death monologue. I HATED the way that these 3 NPCs now do their death monologues simultaneously! I much prefer the old way that they used to say their death monlogues separately at the instant that each of them died during the combat!

Lareth's Staff of Striking is pre-identified.

After I did the drinking contest, a DO NOT USE bullet appeared where Furnok stands on the ground floor of the Inn of the Welcome Wench (see mouse pointer in screenshot below).

Lareth's Dresser has a blank white square instead of the treasure chest icon where it is supposed to appear in the looting interface (see screenshot below).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  8. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Is that not a valid spell in ToEE? If not, we'll ditch the scroll in Verbo.

What is it supposed to do?

There's probably a console command that could kill your affected PC for you. Not able to investigate now.

From memory, the only instance where paladins are treated specifically in Verbobonc is when you first see Senshock at the Bazaar of the Bizarre. Paladins will not tolerate his presence.

Sounds like a fluke.

That's always been that way. They're generally called whatever their proto names are.

That's also a known phenomenon. Sometimes KOS NPCs won't attack until you move.

That's probably just because none of them were actually dead when combat ended (under -10 HP). Dying NPCs all auto-die simultaneously when combat ends.

Will fix.

9. zebrainz

zebrainz Yumm

10. Deadhead

Deadhead Member

Possible bug or just confused?

Created a new party with 6.nc and equipped my Elf Wizard with a sling from the chest in the beginning storeroom. The sling is outlined in red with the statement that my wiz is not profficient with using a sling.

Sling falls into the simple wpn prof use does it not? I've never seen this before and am confused as to how other simple wpns are usable and the sling is "not profficient".

Looking forward to playing 6.nc and thanks for all the effort to make this happen. Cheers.

11. acemcjack

acemcjack Member

Had this issue with my gnome wizard too, and with other weapons as well. Seems he isn't proficient with slings, light maces and quarterstaves (only tried a small masterwork one with him).

The only weapons that I've been able to use with him so far are daggers, crossbows and clubs. Weird.

12. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Emphases mine :wave:

A sling has no business being a simple weapon anyway - those things take damn skill to use, compared to pulling a crossbow trigger or beating someone with a club - but thats another story.

13. acemcjack

acemcjack Member

Well, that still doesn't explain why my gnome wizard isn't proficient with small quarterstaves, but thanks!

14. Gaear

Right. It should probably go, then.

Thanks, I'll have a look at the script.

15. Gaear

Interesting ... Summon swarm is actually a vanilla spell (it's even in the game manual) that was apparently never properly implemented. (There are a variety of these in the innards of ToEE, but they normally don't make the game manual.)

Anyway, I removed the scroll from the BotB and eliminated references to it for spell lists in help.tab. Maybe a spells guru should look into whether it's actually a legit spell just missing a dotted i or crossed t or something like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!