Adding portraits?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by ChaunceyK, Dec 28, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. ChaunceyK

ChaunceyK The Wiley One

I've got the Co8 patch installed, and I noticed some...unusual...pics to choose for my party members. I'm fairly certain Chris Jericho & Ric Flair were not included with the original ToEE. But the idea of an all-wrestler party seems funny as hell to me, so I'd like to know if there's a way I can import my own pics.

Seriously, imagine this lineup...

Repo Man or Jean-Pierre LaFitte - Thief
    Andre the Giant - Fighter (supreme TANK)
    Ultimate Warrior (or The Barbarian) - Barbarian
    Oz (early Kevin Nash persona) or The Grand Wizard - Wizard
    Papa Shango - Sorcerer
    Brother Love - Cleric
    Tito Santana or Ricky Steamboat - Paladin (hey, neither was ever a heel in their careers!)
    Great Kabuki or Great Muta - Monk (martial artist extraordinaires!)
    Ranger Ross or Corporal Kirchner - Ranger (ok, now I'm starting to dig for names)

...it could be fun!

2. dolio

dolio Established Member Supporter

Hah! So I'm not the only one who saw the resemblance.

The half-orc?

There's an elf who looks like James Roday to me, too (not a wrestler). And of course, Angelina Jolie.

3. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

4. ChaunceyK

ChaunceyK The Wiley One

Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, it looks like far more trouble to go through than I'm willing to participate in. Pretty disappointing that its so complicated, but I did read it & I do understand why its that complicated. Again, thank you.

While I'm here, I have a couple of threads marked as Subscribed with Instant Notification of replies...but I haven't gotten any notifications of the replies. I just decided to check back & *poof!* here they are. I double-checked & I do have the correct e-mail listed on my account, so what am I missing?

5. ChaunceyK

ChaunceyK The Wiley One

Well, at the recommendation of zebrainz, I just tried out Paint.net and its surprisingly easier than I expected to make portraits. I just made Andre the Giant without any problems! In fact, I'd say the biggest problem I have is just choosing what picture I want to use to start with! But now I'm looking forward to making more!

6. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

When you're done maybe you could post a zip folder of them. I'd like to request Jimmy Snuka for a monk and Jake Roberts for a druid (just need to have snakes as companions).

7. ChaunceyK

ChaunceyK The Wiley One

I'd be glad to post them! And I'll make you a Snuka & Jake under one condition...tell me who/what your avatar is. He looks kinda familiar, Space Quest series perhaps?

8. ChaunceyK

ChaunceyK The Wiley One

Here are the Wrestler Portraits I've done. I went with the following (although you can obviously assign whomever to whatever Class you prefer)...

Andre the Giant - Fighter
    Hulk Hogan - Paladin
    Repo Man - Rogue
    Ultimate Warrior - Barbarian
    Grand Wizard - Wizard
    Papa Shango - Sorcerer
    Ricky Steamboat - Monk
    Brother Love - Cleric
    Corporal Kirchner - Ranger

...and by special request...

Jimmy Snuka - Monk
    Jake Roberts - Druid

...hmm, seems the only class I haven't covered is Bard. Vince McMahon perhaps, seeing as he was the voice all these men listened to? Or maybe (even though he was from a later era, but then again Grand Wizard was from an earlier era) Double J, for being the country music star wannabe?

[EDIT] I went with Double J for a Bard. I didn't add him to the zip file, but I can if anyone wants me to.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  9. ChaunceyK

ChaunceyK The Wiley One

This is done. Just use the link in my previous post & you'll get all my creations.

Our Host!