ToEEditor and its distro page

Discussion in 'Negative Energy Plane' started by Joviex, Sep 27, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Joviex

Joviex Member

***UPDATED***

ToEEditor Alpha for browsing, packing, and editing dat files

Now will play all sound media and display all graphics media, and I removed the ZLIB OCX that was causing ppl a lot of install headaches. It is now a C# assembly, and comes in a nice DLL like most good windows libraries.

This uses directshow so you only need at least DX8 installed, which I think everyone has covered.

I have a working/hacked map creator which I am holding off on just yet, since I still have not implemented the Module directory saver (the part that saves extracted files to a specific dir -- with the original structure).

I have been brainstorming a bit, god help us, and have thought of a very elegant way to do a complete file association and integrated editing system. This will most like be the next major step (in case anyone really cares). :)

Other than that, time for some game action, back at it sometime either late tonight, or tommorow. Have some beers and a great Sat night.

:beta:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2003
  2. Vaevictis666

Vaevictis666 Established Member

And now the question becomes....

Is it possible to collate images? For example the maps are cut into many smaller chunks (as jpegs) - I know it's possible to import them to a big picture box is VB6, any chance of getting that kind of functionality in your editor? Even if very zoomed out that'd be handy for ppl making screenshot maps etc.

3. Joviex

Joviex Member

Sure. Point me to some files and I'll see what I can get going.

Obviously some kind of multi-select and/or maybe an intelligent search for similar filenames if they happen to have some pattern.

4. Vaevictis666

Vaevictis666 Established Member

\modules\ToEE.dat\art\ground\*\*.jpg

filenames are 8 chars long, 2 byte hex values for coords. For example, CLIP-TEST has top left of 0x1D, 0x1B, bottom right of 0x29, 0x26. (Note, win XP doesn't sort right, gets confused with numbers)

All the images seem to be 256x256 for all the maps, and should tile just fine :)

5. Glamis

Glamis Member

Joviex, I sent you an email regarding your editor. I have 1.1 .net installed but I cannot get your editor running.

6. Joviex

Joviex Member

Indeed you did. I shot one back with the info and a link to the update (same page).

Make sure you use the new installer, because the older one was not registering the Zlib.ocx file for everyone correctly.

I also signed up on Threshold :) Haven't MUD'ed in over a decade.

7. Nomad_Wanderer

Nomad_Wanderer Established Member Veteran

Hey.. You said the magic words... "installer"...

How hard would it be to sniff the registry fo the installed location of toee, and then drop the fixed files in? Whats the difficulty scale for an un-installer?

ANyway to drop the net 1.1 req as well?

8. Mr. Underhill

Mr. Underhill The Keeper of the Arcane Toiletries

-Joviex...Installed your first version and everything was fine, in the lasted realease I can't view anything, though I can listen to the .mps. I unistalled the original before I installed your newest release, I can't quit make sense of it. I've attached a Screenshot so you can see what I mean.

Attached Files:

9. Joviex

Joviex Member

Yeah this is all hack installed at the moment, I am more concerned with making the actual program work. So a full uninstaller/modify/repair option will be forthcomming. I know it is a pain in the arse to uninstall/reinstall. Begining to irritate me so don't be suprised if I change my mind and make a proper installer sometime very soon.

The dotnet require is for the managed C# code. I had originally (from the base code Zane and I made the extractors from) kept it in C/C++. The deal there was I wanted to get an interface going and didn't want to bog myself in the mire that is MFC. So for the moment it is going to remain in a Managed code state, which means C# and dotnet.

Dotnet is not as evil as every1 would have you believe however. I have programmed for 2 decades professionally, and it gives more than takes.

The good news is I have removed the DX stuff for right now, and am only using the Directshow typelib to play and display the media files. I will most likely go back (or hopefully use OpenGL) to display the meshes later on.

I take it from that last message you at least got it to work?

10. Joviex

Joviex Member

Yup, my bad fixed that about ten minutes ago. I was not pulling the textbox backto the front of the screen. Damn Zordering on windows can kiss my :baa:

New build will be up in about an hour.

11. Nomad_Wanderer

Nomad_Wanderer Established Member Veteran

Looks like V has gotten something together for an installer/uninstaller

12. Mr. Underhill

-Joviex...thanks, urgh z-ordering I know what you mean.

13. Joviex

Joviex Member

***UPDATED***

ToEEditor Alpha for browsing, packing, and editing dat files

Now will play all sound media and display all graphics media, and I removed the ZLIB OCX that was causing ppl a lot of install headaches. It is now a C# assembly, and comes in a nice DLL like most good windows libraries.

This uses directshow so you only need at least DX8 installed, which I think everyone has covered.

I have a working/hacked map creator which I am holding off on just yet, since I still have not implemented the Module directory saver (the part that saves extracted files to a specific dir -- with the original structure).

I have been brainstorming a bit, god help us, and have thought of a very elegant way to do a complete file association and integrated editing system. This will most like be the next major step (in case anyone really cares). :)

Other than that, time for some game action, back at it sometime either late tonight, or tommorow. Have some beers and a great Sat night.

:beta:

14. Mr. Underhill

{123}(Me think great work so far...me...uh...d/ling now...me can't wait to play wit it.}{}{-7}{}{0}{pc.condition_add_with_args("Poster_Being_A_Dumba$$",0,0)}

15. Joviex

Joviex Member

LMAO.... Ok ok ok, I will endeavor to get a dialogue editor going soon, that is too damn funny.

Our Host!