Help needed :/

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by toole96, Dec 30, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. toole96

toole96 Member

I know i am not very smart,

but i am lost on installing these patches. do they self-install? do i have to activate them because i am still encountering all of the a**biting bugs in this game. would be my favorite game if it wasnt for the 100 million bugs it has. and does the same go for that of the co8 mods?

Thanks,
    Zach

2. Forgalz

Forgalz Established Member

Have you looked at the step-by-step instructions that are stickied somewhere above? There is no "activation" for the two Atari patches, they just overwrite the original files. Only when you have installed the Co8 patch and fire up the new front end, you get an option to "activate" the Co8 patch, which you need to do, and which takes some time because it apparently copies around a lot of files.

Personally, I had problems with Atari patch 1 due to language issues. In the end I skipped it and only installed patch 2, which is supposed to contain the fixes from 1 anyway, before I put on the Co8 stuff. I have not observed any major problems beyond the remaining lag and jerkstop and spell permanency issues described somewhere here.

3. Ank

Ank Established Member

It goes just like this http://www.co8.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1819 do it exactly as explained there (clik the extra links for details/ downloads ) and i guarantee that within about 30min u got yrself starting to play till yr stomach starts to digest itself :evilgrin:

4. toole96

toole96 Member

im getting ''error 0002 one of the game folders cannot be accessed. make sure no other applications uses any of the game folders.'' any ideas?

5. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Somehow you're using a 4+-year-old outdated, obsolete, unsupported front-end revision that is no longer even compatible with the newer versions of the mods.

Please download the latest version of the mod (v6.0.0), install it on top of a clean, patched game (must be patched to Patch 2 unless it's a GOG edition which comes pre-patched), and then run ToEE Front-End X (it's included with the v6.0.0 package and the shortcut is made to it) to run the game.

- Agetian

6. Forgalz

Forgalz Established Member

I have a theory on how this might happen. One of the premier adresses that shows up for TOEE in searches is the sorcerers.net site, but the Co8 stuff linked there is completely outdated for some reason. If you download from there without investigating further, things like that probably happen. And that is probably not the only site with that problem.

Generally, there is a lot of info on the net referring to "the Co8 patch", like it was a static thing. It takes a while to figure out that this is still actively developed, newer versions being incompatible with older ones. Basically you need to find the step-by-step thread here before this starts to become clear.

Our Host!