What's the Purpose of Temple Level 3

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Torrato, Dec 10, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Torrato

Torrato Savage Merc

Just a pnp or background question. First temple level=earth temple. Second=rest of the temples. Fourth=Greater Temple. What is significant about the third level? Other than the Prince (and the secret wing with the Golden Skull) not a whole lot. Any thoughts?

Also any thoughts about putting anything in the entry level floor (when you first walk into the temple, above the earth temple).

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

See Verbobonc.

3. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Well, it was originally empty in the PnP module. I'd be against it personally, cause it'd ruin the feel. The place is supposed to look abandoned at first sight, after all.

My guess would be that it's where they keep the Temple's army... And parts of it also look collapsed/abandoned so yeah.

4. mos_anted

mos_anted Member

From a quick look into the original module, the 3rd evel was apparently Zuggtmoy's "temple" as it was built according ot her own specifications, it's were She has her "quarters" and keeps her "beloved" (fungus monsters). Apparently it's were her faithful (ie those in the know of the real workings of the temple) came to wroship her.

5. Kneller1

Kneller1 Established Member

Is this not temple level 5?
    The level that has Zuggtmoy on.

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

For reasons I never looked into deeply, the Zuggtmoy level is actually considered the 'lower' level of Temple Level 3, while the normal Level 3 with Thrommel and whatnot is the 'upper' level of Temple Level 3. Level 4 is presumably between Level 3 lower and Level 3 upper, however that works out. I guess.

7. maalri

maalri Immortal

Weird answer G. I am sure it is technically correct, but isn't the "real" answer:

To give you more experience and another level before the big finale, and also to get your hands on Scather/Fragarach, and the Golden Skull?

8. mos_anted

mos_anted Member

In the PnP module, the Zuggtmoy's prison is a part of Level 3 that has been sealed off. I suppose the developers found it easier to make it a different area than to make it a part of evel 3?

Our Host!