NPC Descriptions

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by mos_anted, Dec 2, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. mos_anted

mos_anted Member

I'm sorry if this has been answered before, but already did a search and came up with nothing, so..

Is it possible to see/read the stats/descriptions of the non-party-joinable NPC's in the game? I'm currently working in an adaptation of the module to D&D 3.5 to run in my PnP game, and I'd like to know the alignment/class & levels of the NPC's (mainly enemies) in the game. The journal gives some info, and it is possible to glean some more from observation (ie, the Brigand Leader as a 2nd level barbarian), but is it listed somewhere in the game files where it could be read?

Thanks!

2. acemcjack

acemcjack Member

One thing you can do, is cast dominate person on an NPC (if he's non-recruitable ), then level him up till he gets to level 4,8,12,16 or 20 where you get the option to increase his abilities, then you can see his real stats.

3. mos_anted

mos_anted Member

I'm not really interested in abilities (Stre, Dex, etc), rather in alignment, class and level. I know that the jorunal lists alignment, CR and HD, but not which class(es). Sometimes they can be inferred (as is the case of the bandit leader) but other not so much (are the brigands warriors, fighters or rogues?)

4. acemcjack

acemcjack Member

Well, dominating an NPC will give you most of the information you want, not just stat abilities.

5. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Stats, skills, feats, class, HD, CR, spells, etc is all listed in protos for npc's. ProtoEd is available for download in the forum.

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

World Builder is much more reliable and easy to use, but you have to have some will to get into the operational nitty-gritty to get what you want.

If you list which NPCs you're interested in here, I can look them up for you (eventually).

7. mos_anted

mos_anted Member

WEll, mainly iI'm interested in enemy NPC's: brigands, pirates, guardsmen, and Temple forces (If any humanoid has any class levels, if they're vanilla not needed) and Temple officials: the four Elemental High priests, their underpriests, Hedrack, Senshock, Falrinth and Smigmal, among others (can't remember ATM if there are other important ones). If you can list them I would be very grateful, if not no problem, I'll try the World Builder when I have some free time.

8. fzgco8

fzgco8 Member

yes you need Stats, skills, feats, class, HD, CR, spells, etc

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2010
  9. mos_anted

mos_anted Member

Update: dled and installed world builder, I can get now all the info i needed (except for gear, but I guess you can't have anything :() Handy little program, though I did need to mess around a bit to get the hang of it. Thanks!

Our Host!