Ranger Pets

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Grimslade, Nov 17, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Well as an ol timer myself, I was laughing as I read it. Even before I saw the post by GA, I was thinking of Super Chicken and that memorizing yet awful song. :)

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

What's really sad is that I know the words. :shame:

3. Number99

Number99 kicking Iuz

You can always blame it on television.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  4. GuardianAngel82

When I was young, I did EVERYTHING in front of a television. Now my TV is not not on often, and then for just a short time.

We DEFINITELY need a panther as a pet.

5. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Should not be that hard to make, there are already cats in the game, just make them bigger and blacker (that's what she said).

6. Sachmo

Sachmo Knight of the Crown

A panther was an animal I've always wanted. Give him sneak attacks like a rogue.

Can extra animals be added for Druids?
    Always hoped it would advance past polar bear.

7. General Ghoul

We have a dire bear available, also high level druids could have elementals. Why not allow smakes as well.

8. Avatar_do_Grafite

Avatar_do_Grafite Established Member

There are elementals as pets? Wow, thats amazing! I really did'n know!

If I remember currectly, there are not cats in the game. I remember one in Keep on The Borderland that was actually a small dog...

I vote for a giant frog as animal companions for druids and rangers, although snakes looks very nice too. A good number of reptiles will be great. I had a half-orc druid that take a giant lizard as pet in the 3th or 4th level, and never have another option for a reptilian companion - I just think that reptiles are nice as a "tree" of animal companions for less... forest druids. I like to think in an "favored terrain" for my druids when I create then, or at least to have a list of animals that fits with the race of the druid. Elves are ok with jackals and wolves, then maybe a black and grizzly bear - all they shall live on forests - and attack dogs are very nice for dwarves and maybe half-orcs, but when I think about half-orcs as druids, I like to think they as somekind of swamp druids, or something like this. And there aren't any good choice after the giant lizard option for this...

There are maybe a way to make a druid to have more than one animal at once, like in the books? I will love to have a pack of attack dogs or a couple of bears like Jaroo - and that other druid for the True Neutral open vignette! It will be amazing!

9. General Ghoul

Trying some new animal combinations with animal growth, giant bears, wolves, and lizard do rock. Giant chicken and rats look cool, but generally suck.

When I dominate animals in Homlett and Nulb, different things happen. The woodcutter's chickens are not missed, but if you try it with black Jay's sheep, the whole town goes hostile. You can take the dogs hear the kids in south Homlett with no problems, but don't mess with the dog in the house in Nulb with Preston.

10. GuardianAngel82

It sounds like you are developing the Flock of Squawking Death!

11. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Didn't they tour in the 80's?

Our Host!