Question about a bug [Vrok fight]

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by okashii, Nov 4, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. okashii

okashii Member

Question about a bug [Vrock fight]

I'm wondering if it's a known game bug or can it be gog.com version specific bug:

When fighting Vrock with my solo sorcerer that's using both Fragarach and Scather [that attack back whenever I take damage] a game freezing problem occurs: When Vrock uses his spores ability, they do a series of poison damage which all trigger the attack of opportunity for my sorcerer. As awesome as this is, because it often kills Vrock in the same round that he casts his spores, the damage and information spike seems to be to much and the game freezes. The music is still playing, the damage and info is still floating above my character but the next round doesn't start.

Any ideas? I do have a an option to test if it also happens in a non-gog.com version but I'd rather ask here first.

I'm using the standard game version, not the co8 mod, does it fix this problem by any chance?

Edit: I get the same problem while hitting Balor with my swords - I get 1k6 fire damage which triggers an attack of oportunity and I can't go to the next round, esc & right click does nothing.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  2. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Re: Question about a bug [Vrock fight]

This is a known bug from the beginning, there is nothing that can be done, except not using the swords in the nodes or the fire temple.

3. okashii

okashii Member

Thanks for the reply =] Any ideas if playing a not chaotic good character could solve the problem? [It would (in theory) eliminate the unlimited attacks of opportunity since the alignment requirement is not met and at least allow normal attacks with those swords]

4. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

According to krunch in the Common Issues and Solutions sticky thread:

5. okashii

okashii Member

Thanks for posting that tip gazra_1971 =]

6. vectner

vectner Member

I just started trying to dual wield these badboys and I have had the same lock up happen often. Not in the node but against regular enemies, that provoke AoO's. I think both swords go and only one registeres or something.

Anyway, the problem is that the work around doesn't work in this caee. I am kind of bummed since I built my character around using this tactic, but I will just give Scather to my cleric instead. He's CG and it always hits so he doesn't need weappon prof with it.

7. okashii

okashii Member

Sadly being chaotic neutral and getting only one attack of opportunity also bugs the game.
    The workaround method also doesn't seem to work for me (gog.com version) and the bug also occurs when fighting trolls. [getting an attack of opportunity back after getting hit]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  8. vectner

vectner Member

Okashii is that while wielding both swords? I switched to just using one and it stopped, at least outside of the nodes. I'm using the retail version btw.

9. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

It's a bug that happens if you wield both at the same time. The game gets confused when both swords try to AoO at the same time. It's a rare bug since, technically, you're not supposed to be able to own both swords in one playthrough.

10. vectner

vectner Member

Oh, but it looks pretty badass!

Our Host!