Cooking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Necroticpus, May 2, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Oooooooooh ahhhhhhhhhhhh bada bing, bada boom! :p

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

What a long, strange trip it's been...

3. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I was given a big ass jar of maraschino cherries from sam's club. It's like a gallon jar or something. So, I've decided that I'm going to make my world famous chocolate covered cherries. Except they're not world famous. I've never made them before but they can't be that difficult.

4. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Getting the chocolate just right (and making sure you use GOOD chocolate) is the tricky part.

Try making a ganache, chocolate and cream melted together. Does set up well and the taste... :love:

5. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Chocolate ganache ... :dribble:

You know I got married just because they said there MIGHT be cake there.

I've never made it, but I live for Chocolate Ganache cake from the Publix bakery.

6. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I just started a crockpot of stew meat, potatoes, baby carrots, whole kernel sweet corn, sweet peas and pearl onions, liberally seasoned with minced garlic, dried chopped onions and just a little bit of chili powder. Eight hours from now, Marco Pierre White, Mario Batali, James Ward and Gordon Ramsay are going to be at the door, begging me for the recipe so they can overcharge for it in their fakey fine dining restaurants for $37 a bowl. And I'm going to slam the door in their face and say "Hell no! Not until you go on live television and admit to the world that your whole career premise is a mockery of a sham of a tragedy of a travesty of two mockeries!" Hehheh.

I'm not a real big fan of desserts and if I make them, they are pretty much for my son, but it does sound interesting. Chocolate by itself is so boring as hell! I do kinda think it is something though when chocolate is mixed with another more subtle flavor, like orange. The best chocolate I've had was when I had orange chocolate. It looks like chocolate but smells faintly of oranges and you can taste the orange in it. I'd like to try to make that with maybe blood oranges, but I have no idea how to make candy.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
Our Host!