Female prisoners & Verbobonc

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Ossie, Oct 10, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Ossie

Ossie Member

Hi guys, just started replaying this after a few years away. I have loaded to Co8 v5.0 (simply because that's the latest mod I have sitting on my hard drive from last time I played - since discovered there are now many more mods but can't be bothered restarting again!). Anyway, just rescued the female prisoners on Temple level 1. I'm playing with 6 PC's so the girls make party of 8. Once I reach the outside map I follow the dialogue options to take them back to Verbobonc except it finishes with "party is too big, will come back for you later.......", even though they already appear in the party. Verbobonc is also not showing as a text option on the world map even though I have had the dialogue for them to show me (although I can't recreate that now). Any tips for getting to Verbobonc without having to hang onto them until I meet someone else to take me there & have them steal all my experience in the meantime?

Also, I assume that the latest available mod always includes all the features of previous mods? (except the ones intentionally removed)

Cheers

Oz

2. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Everything has changed dramatically. Delete 5.0 and install 5.9.2. NC. You don't have to delete 5.0 but TFE-X comes with the mods.

3. Ossie

Ossie Member

OK - will my current (5.0) saves be available to continue in the new mod, or will I need to start a new game? I won't be starting again - anybody remember back to 5.0 days how to get around this?

Cheers

4. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Your saves cant go with you. There are too many changes with new content so it wont work.

5. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

The latest mod, 5.9.2 NC is really good. The best so far. If you want to play ToEE then 5.9.2 NC is the way to go.

6. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

IIRC, 5.0 was before the world map was hacked. So, it won't show up on the map, they'll just teleport you to the location. You can do it through console, I'm sure you could figure out the right variables through dialogue and/or.mes files.

The old Verbo has nothing on the new one though, just saying.

Our Host!