Co8 New Content: Verbobonc

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. Euangelion

Euangelion Member

So the only way to advance the Lerrick plot line is to do the assassin quest, at least in this version? (5.9.2)

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Okay, playing the devil's advocate here ... :twisted:

Did any of them mention anything about being followed? Why do you think someone is folowing you or may follow you?

Fairness was not a priority when that was designed. In fact, you might say that unfairness was a priority. ;)

They most all move around once combat starts though ... and in order to get off a lightning bolt that will catch them all, your caster will have to get initiative and be close enough to move/cast.

They do join the combat queue under certain conditions, but they will never attack you (or the slavers for that matter). They are children after all, not particularly inclined to charge into battle and certain death.

Wilfrick does not leave town until you do. This is all soon to be moot, as that quest will be changing.

Do you mean the SB? Yes. The only way to get in good with the evil Scarlet Brotherhood is to join them and do their evil stuff. If you mean just Lerrick himself, I don't know that he has much of a plot line solo.

3. aehchua

aehchua Member

I have now finished the Wilfrik thingie. Never once got a message about being followed. The only thing is the maitre'd now warns me that the brotherhood is on to me. Still no one following me.

I think someone is supposed to follow me, because there's a quest about it :p Another thing I never get is the "don't die for 15 days" quest.

I thought this was Greyhawk, not Ravenloft or Paranoia. :)

4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

I'm sure Greyhawk is known for being fair ... :p

I personally don't recommend playing by rote. It's much more rewarding to try to immerse yourself in the whole thing. Not every quest or plot is necessarily going to happen for every player.

5. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

I hope you won't be taking out Wilfrick's Formation of DOOM, I had fun throwing fireballs and Cloudkills at that.

It WOULD be fun if they didn't just stand around though.

6. fnwc

fnwc Member

Ok, add me to the list of people who can't find the slavers. Any help with this?

7. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Sent you a private message with the location.

8. skipjakk

skipjakk Member

Any help with the slavers location? Been searching everywhere.....

9. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Look at your inbox, just sent you a PM.

10. relic

relic Established Member

Just thought I would add my two cents' worth on the Slavers encounter (and I'm playing 5.9.0 NC):

I'm not a big fan of the "insta-kill" feature outside of combat either. As far as I could tell, no saving throw or anything. Let Tarah try and fry your party during regular combat. I don't mean this as negative as it sounds, but back in my PnP days, I wouldn't play with DMs who designed dungeons with "insta-kill" features where there is no saving throw or opportunity to parley, etc. I just don't understand the logic of it. Where's the fun?

As a strange side note: I hit the slavers with Holy Word, and it killed all but two. I only got experience for the two who survived, who I later killed. Strange I wouldn't get experience for the others who didn't survive Holy Word.

And thanks to Cezmail for his spoiler post on where the slavers are. I never would have found them...

11. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

This has been reported a few times. I am going to bet there is a 'kill-by-script' effect in there that is to blame.

But a cunning scripter could calculate the XP and award it seperately... :evilgrin:

12. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

Sitra said just recently that you have to physically damage mobs first in order to get experience from them, making the big, heavy hitting instant death spells less attractive to use. It's very sad.

13. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

My pleasure, and hope that otherwise you had some fun from the battle and the loot. :)

14. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

More accurately, I said Holy Word is bugged. It needs fixing. That's all. I'll see if I can get it to work.

Edit: Managed to get a partial fix. See the 5.9.2 bugs thread in General Modification subforum.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2010
  15. Flak88

Flak88 Member

Quick question

What are the triggers for Brother Smythe to give Verbo access? I've cleaned out level 1 of the temple and started on level 2, but he doesn't give me the dialog

Our Host!