Fun with Iuz

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Sacto J, Oct 5, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. mmonagle

mmonagle Established Member

I've been kicking around the idea of an evilness number that could be used in the game. It could be a number between 1 and 100. Your starting number would depend on which vignette you choose. Then if you do something like accidentally knock off, oh let's say a prince ;), your number takes a hit and people in Hommlet and VB react accordingly. The same would be true of other 'accidents' and what not. Of course, if you do something like clear the moathouse, your number gets a positive push up and evil factions would become alerted. I know that this would take some coding but I think that it would go a long way towards establishing alignment play in this game.

2. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Reminds me of the reputation numbers from Baldur's Gate 2. Not sure if it would be workable, but might might maniac mercenaries like to me watch what I say and do. :)

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

True Seeing should work - its the one moment in the game where it's taken into account, for memory.

4. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

Has anyone ever looted Iuz after killing him? What does he have? I would guess many near artifact items like a +6 unholy quarterstaff with loads of special death/assassin abilities, +6 ring of protection, +6 cloak of resistance, robe of spell resistance SR57, boots of triple speed, etc.

5. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

I hear he has nothing. Why would a god need tools?

6. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

All that Iuz begats are Lies, so all that he possesses are but shadows or reality. What he may wield may deleiver death and pain to those that oppose the Evil One, but to the darkness of the Abyss they shall return.

So Sayeth they who serve the Prince of the Howling North.

:)

7. mmonagle

He carries Greater Temple Black Robes, Black Leather Boots, and Black Leather Gloves. He also has Iuz's Greatsword but it is one of those items which does not show up after battle so you cannot loot it. So just the 3 clothing items and that's it.

8. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Yes, I've never been more disappointed in a game until after killing a God.

9. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

^ But hey, considering you're using a glitch to kill him in the first place...

10. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

Ahh, but DID you really kill him?

Wouldn't you have to end the worship of him to actually kill him, or am I getting all confused with ancient Greek mythology again?

Priceless. :twitch:

11. mmonagle

You're actually right, you do not kill him outright. The slides at the end say that Iuz retreats to his soul object (or something) and comes back but that he fears you.

I'm not sure that I would say that killing Iuz is a glitch. I think he is extremely difficult to kill but I guess I don't do that repeated tripping thing.

12. General Ghoul

That's no glitch, its a legitimate tactic vs a God.

13. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

I find it hard to believe that a god can't stay on his feet considering he constantly fights another god. I would think that Cuthbert would have used that tactic long ago to kill him if it were possible. It's not a glitch but an exploit.

The next time I'm at a zoo, I'm going to trip an elephant, just because I can.

I'm pretty sure that Gaear can make him untrippable, if he so chose. It's just like a bugbear being able to trip a huge earth elemental standing on it's own element. Not going to happen.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  14. General Ghoul

It was an enlarged monk, with bull's strength and improved trip, he was made to trip Iuz.

15. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Why does god need a starship?

Our Host!