Spolier Questions: Livonya's Mod

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Livonya, Apr 8, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Livonya

Livonya Established Member

Awesome. Thanks for the help. That was perfect. I quickly tracked down the problem.

I forgot that you could start combat with Lareth without talking to him first, so one of the flags didn't get set properly, which is why nothing happened when you went to the tower. You were getting the scenario in which you had never met Lareth (even though of course you had).

I have it fixed (I hope) for the next build.

thanks,

Livonya

2. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

np Liv, yeah if you have any npc with you and they see him they automaticly attack you dont get to chat first.

3. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

So, Liv, what new missions did you add with your last work?
    Any clue about something important that we should not miss this time, like the new mercant? If you want a feedback quickly, you have to point us in the right direction! :)

4. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

hey Liv i went back to the a save at the moathouse and tired lareth again to see how it works now. well he stopped the fight like he always does to beg for his life but my only option in reply to him was no talk time to die. it doesnt give me the option of letting him live anymore.

5. Sindegra

Sindegra Member

You mentioned a far away merchant? Where is this merchant? And if you don't want to tell, is it worthwhile for a 1 man party monk?

6. 0rion79

hey, bruce lee, tell me if you are able to end the game in this way :D

7. 0rion79

Liv, did you....

Hi, at last I'm enjoying the game again with quests that are as they should be :)
    Of course, I immediately got broken because I don't understand where the lotus petals (right? I'm not misunderstanding?) to cure Amy are. Liv, I really have no dea about what to seek: usualy lotuses growth near water: did you really make a real lotus or you had to create something that goes closed to it?
    More, you asked us for some report about monsters:
    here is the situation
    Moathouse, 2 giant frogs fighting aginst me. The first grapples me and then tries to eat me. I'm inside its stomach but I sneak attack it from inside and I escape easily. Then, the second one stays immobile waiting for its death :-| Are they so polited that don't eat others' food? :D
    Just to know, did you add any new dialoge string to the guy that poisones corls' lambs? He always tells me the same things: I hope you didn't make too high skill checks for that. Bye.
    Mattia

8. Livonya

it isn't my fault that you can't figure out how to solve the quest or can't find the item involved. That's on you buddy. That's the whole point of a quest/mission... you have to solve it.

- Livonya

9. Livonya

I have done nothing to the frogs AI. This is a special script that is handled internally. I have no idea why. But I didn't change it because I can't see what the original looks like.

So I didn't cause this, I don't know why it happened, and I can't do anything to fix it.

- Livonya

10. 0rion79

No, you didn't get the point. I may go and talk to any living being of the game and seek for any thing that may contains something smaller. The problem is just that I don't know how to visually identify them. That I can remember, it is not possibile to "open" plants to see what they have inside, so.... what they should look like? Like dust of apparence? Like the poisoning erb that killed the lambs? Or really like a flower? it is hard to seek for something if I can't image how they look :)
    About the frogs, well. don't worry: after all they were not that big challenge anyway, but the "problem" just showed up now that I installed your 1.5, but maybe it is just a casuality.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2005
  11. 0rion79

back to thundercats... [OT]

Ah, before I forget again, of course I remember the cartoon! It is quite a pity that it showed here only once from my birth. Anyway the sword here is known as "occhio di Thundera", or "eye of Thundera". That's why :)
    Thunder, thunder, THUNDER......HOOOHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

12. Livonya

He tells you where to find it.

You are seeking an item. It is an item.

Please read the name of the item to yourself.

All items are labeled with their names. When you find the item it will be called by the name. It isn't some kind of trick.

Find it or don't find it, the game will go on. If you can't find it then you can't find it. Not everything should have a happy ending.

If you fail a quest/mission in TOEE then the game goes on. You shouldn't expect to get them all done. Sometimes you will fail. It isn't a game stopping problem.

- Livonya

Last edited: Apr 24, 2005
  13. Livonya

Lord Graywolfe -

Try this and let me know if it fixes the problem.

- Livonya

Attached Files:

14. 0rion79

Liv, thanks for the clue..... and allow me to say that you hided it very well, if it is in homelet or Moathouse... I think that if I were exploring the game from the beginning, it would be less complicated since I would explore it in all sides, instead now I try to avoid areas that I suppose to be empty, so I risk to miss them :)

15. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I just botched the swamp lotus/Amil quest I assumed it would be in the swamp around the moathouse and highlite like the hemlock in BlackJay's field. I looked around that swamp 3 times. Went out the secret door and looked around. I checked anything that looked like a plant. If it's there it is well hidden or something. Im really disappointed that I failed that quest. I noticed the meadows encounter is much more difficult, but the treasure at rainbowrock is the same. Need more treasure! Lubash goes into rage but it didn't help him much. I wonder how many times Elmo has killed him? Different and interesting so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!