Cezmail's Discoveries-old and new

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by cezmail, Sep 10, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Sniper - Horribly evil task made horribly mundane.

2. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Thanks GA and sirchet, you just gave me a great laugh on a long day. I will agree that this was a GREAT taunt that should be saved for some baddie. Maybe Iuz when he is after you and somehow Cuthbert is still taking his bath? :)

3. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

It really is from from a -shirt that says:

Sniper

Don't bother running, you'll only die tired.

You might enjoy another:

Bomb Disposal

If you see me running, try to keep up.

My son and his half-brother NEVER get me nice T-SHIRTS.

If you like funerals, just FUCK with me. (I really like this one, but I can't wear it. He had it custom made, too.) :p

(GAEAR, does this need to be adjusted for content?)

4. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

As seen in the back of Soldier Of Fortune magazine...

On the shirt there's a picture of paratroopers descending through the air and the writing says "Lebanon - When you care enough to send the very best."

Another shirt from that same ad said "Visit Lebanon - send a syrian to meet Allah."

Wow, it just hit me. I remembered that from a Soldier Of Fortune magazine. About 30+ years ago. :p We haven't fooled with Lebanon in quite a while. I believe I had that magazine during the whole thing with the shah and ayatollah Khomehni (sp?). Man, someone get me a wheelchair.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  5. Euangelion

Euangelion Member

Just to throw out another one:
    NPCs can use the masterwork repeating crossbow, and maybe any repeating crossbow, without a non-proficiency penalty. Meleny's already firing two bolts per round.
    Just saying.

6. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Don't forget, Meleny has the feat 'Druidic Hotness,' which grants her all kinds of special abilities. ;)

7. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

That's a Ranger slogan, I remember when the bumper stickers were all over the battalion. Black stickers with red letters, no picture just said "When you care enough to send the very best." A 2nd Battalion 75th Ranger Regiment scroll was across the bottom.

Ahhh, to be young again, seems like just the other day. :sadblinky

8. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Damn those are some good ones GA. :D Had me snickering.

Your son(s) is one warped individual- so keep him around. His type are good to keep life interesting. :)

9. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Pushes one to Necro as I use my walker- :)

Yep, sounds like something from 81.

10. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Starting a new game, NE opening, and make my way to the moathouse. Encounter the frenzied feeding froggies and battle ensues. Two of the frogs animations are so close together it looks like one body with two heads. I know it is not that way, but sure looks funky.

I wonder if there is a way to create two headed critters ala Ettins, and have some more mutant mayhems to mutilate the marauding mercenaries we all play. :)

11. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Old news to many, but for the first time I really used my druid's spontaneous casting when I exited the moathouse for the ambush. I have a three person party for, with the afore mentioned druid, a duel wield ranger, and a thief/fighter, So no arcane spell blasting. Druid casts entangle and traps many of the baddies, and then accidentally gets caught in her own grass web. So begins the summoning, and after 5 summoned critters of various sorts, along with the slashing attacks of the other two character, my party is successful and free to go after Nulb and the Temple.

I knew of the capabilities of the druid and all, but I was amazed by the versatility of the summons and the way to get them behind the enemy lines to assist my rogue with sneak attacks and in the future, take out spell casters cowardly sneaking in their spells of doom against my non so heroic NE party.

Ok, end of my bombastic blog of boredom. On with the game. :)

12. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Just wait until the druid gets flamestrike. Pump up the rogue's UMD, then let him use wands and scrolls as an extra caster.

13. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

That plus scrolls that can be scribed and used. I am enjoying playing my druid and had fun in the AoH. More on that in that sticky. ;)

14. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Ok something totally new to me. I have my druid and bought her masterwork moon-ivy armor. Crafted to +2 in case this has anything to play with the effect.

I use the radial menu and the armor shows up as a separate item, like potions and scrolls. The armor has a poison power, and when tested causes an effect of poison-mystical. This poison has a DC of 26 and does Con damage from 3-10 per effect!!!

No wonder that armor is so damned expensive.

Those of you already aware of this, good for you, but for idjits like me who only now find out, Yikes.

15. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

So I have found one of the solutions to the full attack problem. This is when you chose your full attack and you seemingly lose some of the attacks when you change targets or click the same one too quickly.

What I do is set full attack to a hot key. When it looks like an attack is lost, just hit the hot key again and the attack come backs. It is also nice to have when you use one attack and drop your foe, and there are no others within range without a 5 foot step. Just do your movement and click the hot key for the full attack to resume.

Also handy to have available for the fighter types with cleave and great cleave. Take your step and take out more of the crowd.

Our Host!