Co8 New Content: Moathouse Respawn

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I forgot the drow make there own armour and weapons and that it's worthless in sunlight. Nothing worth looting. Iolo's Joy makes it all worthwhile otherwise. I still really liked that Blade of Fury. Fruella was an absolute terror with that thing. Probably why Ted took it out. But, it was somewhat over-powered. Would take care of that slaver sorceress well enough.

2. guinness22

guinness22 Nexus of the Crisis

I wonder if I am getting a variation of the bugbear/Moathouse respawn in 5.9.2, or if I am missing something? I get the respawn, including Mother, the three little pigs, the courtyard undead, the groaning spirit and the bodaks in the bugbear room, everything except the 'bad' witch in Lareth's basement area. I have a NG party of 4 PC's, Meleny, Otis, Elmo and Fruella. I can't get the witch to spawn. I've killed everything else, gone to the ToEE and back. Cleared out the ToEE baracks, run around level 3 of the temple, popped out the burned out farmhouse, rested a week and back to the moathouse, still no witch.

I've basically completed everything outside of the moathouse respawn, the ToEE itself and Verbo.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  3. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Not sure if it will help, but try to enter through the backdoor cave and then go to the barracks and Lareth's chamber. I have never NOT had her and her group show up, so not sure what else you can do unless you missed some trigger.

4. Euangelion

Euangelion Member

First time through on 5.9.2, and I only get a partial moathouse respawn, most everything but no crystal ooze or witch. Everything is completely cleared out. One other odd thing is that I cannot find a single secret door in the Moathouse this time through. Perhaps related somehow?

5. guinness22

Thanks cezmail, tried that too. Guess I will just truck around a bit more and hope whatever trigger I've missed gets hit and/or the witch eventually spawns. Never had this happen before.

6. bradrinwi

bradrinwi Established Member

dont forget the bugbears behind doors 1 and 3 I belive the middle alcove doesnt have on but I know I sometimes forget the one behind the door right next to the center wall

7. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

@guinness22, can you open up the console (shift ~) and type

Code:
    game.global_vars[756]
    and press enter? What value is returned? It has to be 14 or higher for the Lareth area respawn to be activated. That means you have to have killed 14 or more critters among Lareth's troops, which are his guys in his area and the ogre up by the stairs. There are actually more than 14 in total, but that figure allows for the one sergeant running away.

Leaving a bugbear behind a closed door will only affect the respawn that occurs in the bugbear area, assuming all the other conditions have been met (have been to the Temple and have talked to Kent about the MR).

8. Euangelion

Euangelion Member

When I did it just now, I got 8. Clearly some dead are not registering as dead.

9. Euangelion

Euangelion Member

USed the console to change the value to 14, and voila! We have a witch.
    game.global_vars[756]=14

10. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Could one of the modders get out a script hotfix for this? I'm getting the same problem with the witch not showing up as above, and I did kill everyone except Lareth whom I let go. I reeeaally want to play through the new MH Respawn, and unfortunately the Tilde key isn't working for me ingame.

EDIT: nvm, got the console to work after some driver fidgeting. BTW, my console request returned 13, probably because I let both Lareth and that soldier up front go. You might wanna account for that ;)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  11. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

So anyway, I got that to work, but here's the weird thing - it's like the witch has a third eye up in some place or something, because she detects invisible characters and initiates the fight EVERY TIME. And I was hoping to sneak up and knife her in the back before the rest of her critters realized what happened.

12. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Lareth already does not count. We'll endeavor to fix this of course, but we have to first figure out what's wrong - specifically, why all the deaths aren't counting. I'm sure there's no good reason. "Damned ToEE."

13. guinness22

Gaear, I get 13. And I didn't let the sergeant run away, so I killed everyone in Lareth's area plus the ogre. I'll use the command to change it 14 to get the witch.

Not sure which of the kills didn't register. I wonder if somehow ToEE didn't increment because after killing the sergeant, the guardsman, the spearman, and the crossbowman in the hall I actually looted them and returned to Homlett, sold their stuff, then returned to finish the job on the rest of the gang outside Lareth's room. Then I looted them, returned to Homlett and sold their gear before returning to finish Lareth and get the ambush. So, all in all, I did the hallway/basement room/Lareth's room in three increments, but I do it that way every time and hadn't seen this before FWIW. I would have had my 4 PCs plus Elmo and Fruella in my party at the time.

Thanks again.
    g22

14. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

Why should there be such a condition anyway? Wouldn't the Witch plow over them anyway?

15. Ausdoerrt

Ausdoerrt Veteran Member

Another funny observation - I forgot to kill the snake on the first floor while cleaning up the MH the first time through; well, decided to do it during the respawn. Well, guess what, the second the snake dies, the werewolf and company pop in out of thin air.

Our Host!