Circle of Eight Modpack 5.9.x/5.9.xNC General Commentary & Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Necroticpus, Aug 27, 2010.

Remove all ads!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

That's odd. Ring of Freedom usually works for me.

Necklace of Adaptation is indeed bugged, and it's a damn shame too.

2. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

I can just see your party and the Drow trying to turn that into a puking contest, to see who could get the best with projecting or volume. If you can not beat t hem up with your trusty .44 swords, then by God, you get them covered with your guts. :)

3. bradrinwi

bradrinwi Established Member

okay after testing it turns out the ring of freedom of movement Does in fact work or seems to work
    But.. it doesnt give any visible signs of working meaning you get flagged as entangled or webbed or held etc....
    both the hash marks below the char and the pop up mob info box when you mouse over
    until your turn of action comes at which time you can move and act normally

so in practice it works but displays no clues that it is working right up

as for the necklace not working that really really sucks.... is there any way to script fix it?? i believe its a hard coded item

4. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

I did the dwarven jeweler thing because I thought they where supplying the evil groups. But, now I see it was a scam just to get money. The frame work quest was just too much and with no way around it, end of game. I'll try again at a later date.

5. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

If you get a '0' it means the flag hasn't been set.
    Can you try doing the set_f() thing again?

Code:
    from py00439script_daemon import *
    set_f('boatmens_tavern_evac_on')
    get_f('boatmens_tavern_evac_on')

The flag tells the script that Lodriss is away and needs to be restored. If it's set to 0 then it won't work.

6. chiech22

chiech22 Member

All of a sudden I am running into an annoying glitch. Whenever I finish a combat, I am not getting awarded any XP. I have gone back to previous saved games, reloaded and still no luck. I am running 5.90NC btw. I am currently 10th level, I have finished everything but the Temple and Verbobonc and I really really don't want to start over.

7. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

Perhaps your level limit is still set to 10. Time to start over.

8. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

5.9.2 NC is much better anyway and you wont have to deal with the glitches.

9. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

The way that the moathouse ambush is now mobbed in is brilliant! They were all close together which made them a much more effective fighting force.

Playing the game through this time made me think that Lareth really NEEDS to be involved in the combat with his Lietenant (Seleucas) against the player's party. It's just unrealistic the way that Lareth remains standing in his room when he should be leading his troops against the heathens (I mean the player's party).

Webbed characters can still attack targets within range of their weapons - webbed characters just can't move, is all. It doesn't bother me when Large Spiders web my characters - I just get my fighters to Ready vs. Approach and my fighters get first attack on the spiders with their melee weapons.

10. mmonagle

mmonagle Established Member

Despite the other posts, there are a few glitches with 5.9.0 but there is nothing that would cause XP not to be awarded. It would be good to check and see if you have the level cap in place. If you do not, what kinds of battles are you fighting where you are not receiving experience? I ask because there is a relationship between how strong your party is how tough the creatures you are fighting in terms of XP awards. If your opponents are weak and you are high enough level (level 10 would do it), then you will not receive much if any XP.

11. mmonagle

mmonagle Established Member

This new code did the trick. After I typed in all 3 lines, I received a '1' back and when I entered, everyone was back. Thanks Sitra Achara.

12. chiech22

chiech22 Member

To all who posted help - I did have my level cap set at 10, but on my laptop. I moved my saved games from my desktop to my laptop earlier in the week. So, I just fixed my Front-End setting, and reloaded my saved games from my desktop. I believe that I should be fine now.

Thanks again for all the help - this site is GREAT! And the NC is better than vanilla, and I really like vanilla back in the day.

13. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

Glad that things are looking up for you and good luck with the higher levels.

I agree that NC ROCKS!

14. bradrinwi

anyone else buy the house in nulb . get the warning from preston wetz about bad men asking questions..

and days /weeks later still not get the thugs in the night??

15. bradrinwi

i tried it with a lvl 7 party on 5.9.2 NC and no luck I am set traitors revenge

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!