Co8 New Content: Moathouse Respawn

Discussion in 'New Content Subdirectories' started by Gaear, Mar 22, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

They should have +7/8 eleven chainmail and shields. The leader a +4AC shield. Give the leader the Blade of Fury like he use to have. !00+HP would be okay. Make a serious fight of it. Fruella loved that Blade of Fury. Much better than the cleaver.

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

That would go counter to our mission of reducing loot.

3. wizgeorge

The game I just finished I had 627KGP and already bought the castle. GP is basically irrevelant after a point anyway. It's the challenge and the game play that counts. A drow leader would be well equipped and armed and put up a hell of a fight. Who cares about the loot. I don't. It's grossly excessive anyway.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  4. bradrinwi

bradrinwi Established Member

even if you just give the drow leader generic elven chain as a drop (say that the pluses vanish in sunlight*theres AD&D preceedent for that *and account for the magical nature by giving him a +5 ac booast from an item that gets ditched and a simalar tohit bonus )
    a drow party should be a big deal even when the PCs are the same level and espcially when a 5th lvl party enoucnters them...

i vote for fun over loot balance espcially for something like drow where you could reasonablly expect loot...

a party of orcs all armed with magic weapons and armour or skeletons with ioun stones floting arond em. and unholy prayer bead necklaces... that might be a bit excessive...
    LOL

or goblins droping flame brands etc

okay as for the ring of resonance.. any plans or any known hotfix

does it work on reseting number of spells per day? or known/memorized spells?
    I ask cause if its the first that should be easy to include sorcerers in..

if its the second that could be more difficult depending how the game handles wiz spells versus sorcerers but i could see wizes having an extra counter or varible that all the spell casters have but not sorcerers...

Last edited: Oct 1, 2010
  5. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

For the ring of Resonance, is there a way to script it that it just causes the user to have equivalent of having rested 8 hours, so that it resets all the spells for that user. I know this would mean it could be used by both arcane and divine users, but that might not be so bad.

6. mmonagle

mmonagle Established Member

I am a little confused about the discussion on the drow and their armor. They do have armor according to the InvenSource.mes file.

For example, the drow leader in the Gnarley Forest is wearing Drow Halfplate Armor as well as Drow Gloves plus a Drow Wig and a Drow Mask. These items simply disappear after the battle the same way that giant and bugbear weapons do. You are still able to pluck the Longsword +2 and his Boots of Elvenkind off of him.

I don't chop them up like they are unarmored so it appears to me that they are wearing the armor that they have. You just cannot loot it afterwards. With all the other armor that we can collect in the game, I'm not really going to miss looting even more from this group.

7. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

Do the drow in the tunnels have their armor on them? I forget. If so, that lets us get drow half plate and so on.

8. General Ghoul

General Ghoul Established Member

I wonder what would happen if you are able to disable them, I know they are immune to sleep, but would hold person work? Or if you dominated them, can you get the stuff off them? I think back to the beginning of the NG vignette, I try to sleep the assassin and take his stuff before CDGing him, just a little extra cash in the pocket.

9. Horus

Horus Member

You can buy a castle? Where?

10. cezmail

cezmail Gorboth's Rider

In Verbobanc from the gem merchant. I think it is 100k gold COD, no checks allowed.

11. wizgeorge

As for reducing loot, somebody has go thru InvenSource.mes and delete a whole lot of struff. The loot has been grossly excessive since the game came out. I came up with over a million GP in a 3.0.4 game one time

12. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

So we need to both add loot (Blade of Fury) and reduce loot? :p

Re: the drow armor, I see that what happened is the Gnarley drow somehow lost their san_dying scripts, which supply them with armor you can actually loot, which nonetheless isn't what they were wearing. The Verbo drow were unaffected. This will be fixed in the next release.

13. bradrinwi

whew good to know im not ttotally crazy on that one...

now any way to hot fix the ring of ressonance? what if you
    check for class = wizard or sorcerer..or bard
    store X (x= curreent hp)
    trip the 8 hours rest flag for charecter Z(z being wearer of ring) and then restore value X

so youll have the full rest scripting kick in restoring the spells or useable spell slots etc..

and by storing and then replacing value X youll correct for any Hp healing that would normally happen durring full rest

related but unrelated any work on making necklaces of adaptation work correctly by a script fix?

14. Sitra Achara

Sitra Achara Senior Member

The ring of resonance is based on the script command obj.spells_pending_to_memorized(). Said command only restores memorizable spells. To reset the number of castings per day for sorcerers etc probably requires some DLL hacking. Weren't you capable of that, by the way? ;)

Re. the pendant: spells like cloudkill, stinking cloud etc. affect you by applying a "Cloudkill" condition to a spell object. The spell object, in turn, affects critters entering the AoE. But it's all done in a hardcoded manner.

I've tried tinkering with the OnBeginRound etc. functions, excluding targets from the target_list, but it didn't prevent the spell effect.

For Cloudkill, specifically, it may be possible to simulate the spell via script and thus solve the problem.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2010
  15. bradrinwi

yes and i got slapped with the non comp clause someone at work found out and HR/legal was preparing to make a case for .. my working on developing anothers product even if voluntary.. which is why I dropped off face of earth for a bit

Our Host!