Zuggtmoy's surrender?

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Metathiax, Nov 11, 2013.

Remove all ads!
  1. Metathiax

Metathiax Member

Out of curiosity, what kind of treasure can be obtained by letting her live?

2. Gehennis

Gehennis Established Member

None- if you accept her surrender the game ends...

3. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Since the game now DOESN'T end on her surrender... :eyebrow:

4. Gehennis

I'm referring to the fact that once you force her into offering her submission that the end game slide show starts- not that there isn't the Verbobonnc stuff- or has this changed?

5. Hugh Manetee

Hugh Manetee Established Member

I remember letting her surrendor once and she said Ha you fool I was only regenerating and started fighting me again.

Unless it was all a dream

6. maalri

maalri Immortal

That was in the middle of the fight.

I believe they were talking about taking the platinum pillar that the old hag offers before the fight.

7. Gehennis

Um, no- I wasn't referring to the platinum pillar (although Metathiax may have been). In reference to the original question: no, there is no treasure to be gained if you force Zuggy into offering her submission to you- the game just goes to the end game slide show screens. But yes, during the fight, if she offers her submission it depends on which answer you give her- one continues the fight from that point, the other allows her to recover her HP's to full and you have to beat her down all over again. If you refuse her offer of submission and continue until she's at 0 HP, then the game allows you to continue with the path to Verbobonnoc appearing as a destination in the world map travel (the list on the right side of the screen, not the map itself- that always shows if I'm remembering the map correctly).

8. Metathiax

Metathiax Member

I wasn't referring to the platinum pillar but rather to the dialogue options that sometimes occur when Zuggtmoy is close to death. I seem to remember that she offered treasure in exchange for her life. I didn't choose this option and went on with the fight but I wondered if there really was treasure to be gained.

Our Host!