Zombies turn on Hedrack....

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by aanalore, Jan 25, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. aanalore

aanalore Member

So..I am playing the game again, and I get to the epic battle with Hedrack and his minions.

Iuz shows up..and leves with Cuthbert...as expected. Also as expected, Iuz turns all of the dead critters to zombies.

Here's where it gets weird. Instead of attacking me...the zombies go after Hedrack. He manages to run away..but not before a couple of bugbears come to his aid.

So...two of my fighters chase down Hedrack whilt the bugbears and zombies fight it out among themselves. It was great theater for the wizard and bard..who frankly really needed a break at that particular time.

Has anyone had this happen before? Is the most likely culprit an errant spell by Hedrack that sent the zombies into "friendly fire" mode? As an evil cleric, shouldn't he have had control over the undead?

2. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

The culprit is probably that the zombies aren't the saem faction as him.

No it shouldn't happen... but its fun when it does, so enjoy!

3. Rawel

Rawel Member

I've had a case of something similar but in random encoutners. Whenever i encounter an ettin accompanied by hobgoblins. They go after each other. It's a nice break from being the target of the ettins 5 attacks per round,:) but doesn't make much sense.
    Rawel

Our Host!