Zert

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Scorched_Earth, Jun 22, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. Scorched_Earth

Scorched_Earth Established Member

I've had Zert in my party basically since the beginning of the game, but I really can't stand him. I just needed another fighter. I'm about to head into the temple for the first time(cleared everything else) and I'm seriously considering taking his life. He's carrying around a bunch of useless armor and tons of my money. I heard he was supposed to turn on you at some point, is this true? I've also got Meleny and Zaxis. So my question is, is it worth giving up on some of these NPC's that I've built up for those in the Temple(or elsewhere), and which of these would anyone recommend?

2. Lord Plothos

Lord Plothos Established Member

I thought the consensus was that Elmo is the best choice for a fighter-type, because he get's fairly strong and only loots coins.

3. Scorched_Earth

Well I'm playing a lawful neutral party but they're basically all evil. I don't know, I just try to keep at least some level of roleplaying. Besides, I was never too fond of Elmo.

4. Drifter

Drifter Established Member

From roleplaying viewpoint, I think that it is rather easy to trick a kinda-good but not-too-smart and _drunk_ guy into doing evil things. Especially if there is some vicious-delicious female doing this job.

5. Scorched_Earth

well, i suppose uve got a good point. what about Morgan from the temple?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2005
  6. Ki Rin Ryu

Ki Rin Ryu Member

Kill him.

i did the same with a giant henchman.. about two minutes after hiring him.

7. Scorched_Earth

U gotta kick him outta ur party before u kill him right?

8. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

Guys, you know, I never used him but I wonder: is he supposed to do anything or is he just evil?

9. Scorched_Earth

I dont know if he does anything, I just know he's really cocky, doesn't have the greatest stats, and is taking too much of my money. Plus he smells bad..so he must die.

10. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

I don't like the way Elmo sways all the time and wanted a fighter with weapon focus longsword so I just change Zert abit in the protos and suddenly he's a lean mean fighting machine.

Edit, I changed his looting as well so that he took less (but not none) Its some where in the protos, can't remember where. So he became a good team player in the end.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2005
  11. Scorched_Earth

I've been thinking about that, but I'm probably just gonna stick with the NPC's normal stats and level'em up as I please. But..maybe I will read up on how to work with the protoss and fiddle around with the stats

12. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Well my theory is that if you don't like it change it or don't use it, I'm so glad I found this forum cos otherwise I'd still have crapy hair, no gun and no new armour. I'm wondering if I can get Darly earlyer in the game...

13. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

A man after my own heart... Meleny on one flank, Darley on the other :transform

Zert does have an option to attack you if u r wounded, as does Turuko and Kobort (consistent with the module). Whether anyone has ever seen these options exercised, I have no idea. Probably something intended but never implemented, or perhaps having very specific parameters - players are all disabled and Zert unharmed for instance.

14. wizgeorge

wizgeorge Prophet of Wizardy

Re: Darley

Darley. Go to maplist and get the teleport address for the fire node, but be ready for it .Go recruit Darley, then teleport back. I'm not sure, but you may have to fight the firetoads on the way

15. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Re: Darley

Has anyone ever noticed that Darley looks like Charisma Carpenter from Buffy?

Our Host!