Yikes - where do I start?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Scudder, Oct 25, 2008.

Remove all ads!
  1. Scudder

Scudder Member

I am a big for of this game and have played it through a few times. But it has been over a year since I last installed or played it.

I came here because I remembered (from 2 years ago?) there were some good fixes for major bugs in the game. But I have not visited or installed the game in a looong time.

I've been reading these forums for about 30 minutes and I feel overwhelmed. I'm impressed that so many people care so passionately about this game and put so much effort into improving it. But to be honest, I'm now afraid to install the game because I can't figure out where to start!

Can someone give me a "quick start" list of things to do to play this game at its fullest potential? I'm not necessarily looking to play custom modules, just want to play the main game. I'm looking for something that fixes the major bugs/issues from the game and I'm open to other mods (esp. the one that prevents the NPCs from taking all your good stuff).

From what I've read so far, I'm guessing I need to install the game and patch it to the official "Patch 2" (but not patch 3). But then I kind of get lost/overwhelmed. Do I install the new front-end thingie? Does it contain any "mods" or fixes itself or it is just a gateway to installing other mods/fixes? Where are the other recommended mods/fixes and what do they contain?

I have Vista and the game is not currently installed. Can anyone recommend a "quick and dirty" install for me? I apologize if this is trying to oversimplify things. I'm just overwhelmed with the options on here.

2. GuardianAngel82

GuardianAngel82 Senior Member

Original ToEE
    Patch 2
    Co8-5.0.0

Go and Enjoy! :wave:

Our Host!