XP glitch???

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by kylan271, Mar 25, 2009.

Remove all ads!
  1. kylan271

kylan271 Established Member

:yes: I managed to play the game again with new party and ideas,and lol I have reached quite quickly 10th with 5 PCs and later having Meleny join(at 6th now..).and I have not even cleared out Temple lvl 1 yet..^_* . I even use craft a lot,but still exceed at xps heh. However there is a serious catch...

At 9th the xps drop dramatically,in you gain no xps for anything CR1 or the likes or traps,but 8th etc OK,quite good,as example:

2 Wolves killed

9th 0xp @3PCs
    8th 46xp @2PCs
    6th 70xp @1NPC

I had to redo my game as not knowing or observing,I left crafting until late(with the idea to reach levels quickly) and found I lost so much xps and was hard to regain. I craft everything I can at around 3-5th and I reap in the xps from combat which recaps my losses,and 5th is survivable. Melenay here is crafting both in weapons and items and she can regain xps from simple fights,which is cool,but if higher,OK some access to new items and bonuses,but gaining xps is painful,it has not seemed worth it except for some key crafting weapon & items(available at 9th or higher). I have Gloves of Dex,Cloak Charisma,Belt of Strength etc all +6 and Weapons +2 min as of 5th level party as example just by sacrificing xps early(money for this is another topic).

IWD2 if I recall had a modified text available(Sorcerers Place)to allow xps even at lowest CRs so you may gain say 1-10xps on easiest fights,some better than none. It was balanced so OK. Here however,is it possible to gain xps at low CRs and Lvl 9 +???? It doesn't seem fair in xp distribution.:thumbsdow

2. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

The xp granting in ToEE is RAW, beyond the fact that Troika reduced it to 70% or something like that for purposes of game balance. The balance issues that our mods have introduced are going to be corrected by the TotWC plan. The granting of xp ratio will not change.

3. kylan271

kylan271 Established Member

OK Gaear,thanks..I will cry later about the xp ratios(grrrrrrrr)though. My 9th PC(Rogue 3/Bard 3/Wiz 3) could not disarm the Minotaur trap on Temple 2 or 3(??) and was nearly killed by the Lightning trap on it. Upon disarming he recieved a single potion and no xps for his ordeal..lol.

Our Host!