Worldbuilder?

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Badger-ude, Jan 19, 2012.

Remove all ads!
  1. Badger-ude

Badger-ude The nonPnP gamer PoV

Hello all,

AFter a long spell of absence, I have returned to ToEE and Co* and I am currently enjoying the new v7.

Playing the game has reignited my interest in modding,and to this end I am looking for the correct tools.

From the ToEE worldbuilder forum I have acquired v.2.04 of the toolset, but the first 'patch' attachment won't download (it says I do not have permission despite being logged in. The second file downloads fine.

I'm going to give v.2.04 a go, but firstly is this version compatible with Co8 7.0 NC? I would like to play around adding a few new things.

Thanks,

Mike

2. Badger-ude

Further questions:

1) I used the packaged DAT tool to extract ToEE1.DAT, but I could not find where the files had extracted to?

2) If I modify or add new files, will this corrupt my old save games?

3) Following on from 2, if I add new content would it show up in my existing game or would I have to start afresh?

EDIT:
    Based on a little experimentation I have managed to create (duplicate) a new map.

I have used the Bandit Footman as a basis for some NPCs I created. I don't want the NPCs to be hostile, but they attack my party on sight. How can I avoid this? I have tried setting their faction to '0' ...

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  3. gazra_1971

gazra_1971 Knights of Legend

I just tried to download the 2.0.4 to 2.0.5 patch (http://www.co8.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=4350&d=1226212987) for ToEE World Builder and I was able to, so either the server is working now or the problem is with your computer/software/operating system. My guess is that your problem might have something to do with Windows not being set up to give you administrator powers to download the file.

My guess is that ToEE World Builder 2.0.5 will be compatible with The Circle of Eight Modpack 7.0.0. I use ToEE World Builder 2.0.5 often to look up the stats of NPCs and items in The Circle of Eight Modpack 7.0.0 NC, and ToEE World Builder 2.0.5 has worked perfectly so far (except that ToEE World Builder 2.0.5 states that all proto numbers above 20000 are illegal protos. Is this how ToEE World Builder 2.0.5 is meant to function or is this a bug?)

For tutorials on learning how to mod the game (maybe your problem about how to make NPCs non-hostile will be covered somewhere in the tutorials), see the following link:

http://www.co8.org/forum/showpost.php?p=107157&postcount=2

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  4. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

The latest available versions of WorldBuilder work fine with v7. (The modpack version is not really significant to WorldBuilder.)

Not sure atm ... I'd just search for some ToEE files in your system.

It may, depending on which fies.

Depends, same as above.

They are flagged as KOS. Remove the flag.

In addition to gazra's link, there is an entire subforum dedicated to WorldBuilder here in the Modding forum. Check it out. Likewise the maps and models subforums.

5. Badger-ude

Hi guys, thanks for the advice.

For some reason the file is downloading now - weird.

I have been making fairly good progress so far. I am pretty confident with how to populate an area with critters e.t.c.

A problem I was having was that as I am modding using a netbook, half of ToEEWB does not appear on screen. This includes all the buttons at the bottom for editing the prototype for a creature. As a work around, everytime I want to change something I am having to change my resolution to 1400 x 600 and then scroll. It's a pain but it works...

I have fixed the problem with the troops attacking. I am following Agetian's tutorial but I am currently hitting a wall where the dialogue for a trader is concerned. I created the script files and edited the prototype in worldbuilder and created the dlg file but nothing is happening so far. But seeing as I have only been working on this for less than 24 hours I am sure I will find a way around it.

Our Host!