Woodcutter's quest

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by JerryB, Oct 7, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. JerryB

JerryB Established Member

Last time I started over again to run through with the cumulative fixes I noticed that the woodcutter's quest is no longer part of the chain of tasks leading to Fillikin's marriage and the players subsequent marriage to his younger daughter.

I'm not sure if it is intentional, or a link was broken somewhere, but it used to be that you had to clear the Deklo grove so the woodcutter could provide the carpenter with the wood he needed to build the barn for Matilda's dowery.

Now the carpenter will agree to build the barn without referring the player to the woodcutter first. I liked it better the way that it was, because now you have less reason to go to the Deklo Wood when the goblin gone mod has made it more important to do so.

2. Kalshane

Kalshane Local Rules Geek

Really? I've never once had the carpenter send me to the wood cutter.

3. Cerulean the Blue

Cerulean the Blue Blue Meanie Veteran

The carpenter has never sent me to the woodcutter before either.

Now however, with 5.0.1, the cabinetmaker will send you to the woodcutter before he will make masterwork wooden weapons for you.

4. JerryB

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that when you went to the carpenter and you tried to get him to build the barn, he would tell you that he needed Deklo wood, and then you had to go try and get the woodcutter to chop some, but he needed you to get rid of the spiders first.

Maybe that was a different mod though.

5. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

it has always been that way with me - carpenter sending me off to the woodcutter.

6. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

I've seen the carpenter use that line about the Deklo, but it seems to me it has either been hit-or-miss all along, or it only triggers with a specific dialog train. I know I've married Melany more than once without ever leaving Hommlet for any reason.

7. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

If i may wander in a week later and purely from memory - I have often mentioned to the carpenter that I solved his deklo problem, but I am not sure it is essential or the only way to do it.

8. Zebedee

Zebedee Veteran Member Veteran

Just from memory, I believe things got changed from vanilla way back when people were initially bugfixing. The dialogue was messy and I think that the woodcutter only gave the correct response on very specific occasions (cf Terjon problems). So from a rough guess, it looks like this was removed/fixed/changed to prevent a certain quest being blocked.

9. JerryB

Glad to see you back Zeb. :wave:

Our Host!