Wishlist

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Shin, Nov 12, 2003.

Remove all ads!
  1. Shin

Shin Established Member

-Rework of the start_equipement.mes so that the PCs begin the game with proper equipements (as written in D&D manuals). For example, a paladin should be equipped with a scale male, large wooden shield, a longsword and a shortbow...

PS : This, I think I can make it myself. So, all you'll need to do is to include it in the next fix. ;)

-Add more craftable wonderous items , especially boots and helmets and belts.

Those that I can find in D&D 3.0 manual and that are candidates for additions are :

-Belt of Giant Stregth : This should replace the Gloves of Giant Strength. (Belt can use the same slots as thieve tool, ioun stones)

-Boots of Elvenkind : Already in the game but not craftable?! /req : lvl 5, elf

-Boots of Speed : see above! /req : lvl 10, haste

-Cape of Mountebank : a cloak that casts dimension door once per day. /req : lvl 9, dimension door

-Cloak of displacement (minor,major) : wearer under displacement effect /req : lvl 3/5, displacement

-Helm of teleportation : casts teleport spell 3 times per day /req : lvl 9, teleport

-Mantle of spell resistance : gives SR 21 /req: lvl 9, spell resistance (this spell seems absent in the game tho)

-Necklace of adaptation : this item exists in the game, it is supposed to make the wearer immune to gases... /req : lvl 7, water breathing (?)

-Periapt of health : immunity to desease /req : lvl 5, remove desease

-Scabbard of keen edge : beside its ability to change a blades size(impossible to implement), it can cast keen edge 3 times per day(very possible to implement) /req : lvl 7, keen edge

-Stone of good luck : +1 luck bonus to saving throw, ability checks, skill checks /req : lvl 5, divine favor

-Druid's vestement : one additional wild shape ability /req : druid lvl 10

I didn't include horns and other magical instruments, but those could also boost bards. :)

Any comment is welcome, thank you. :)

2. rex_blade

rex_blade Established Member

FAN-tastic

3. zhuge

zhuge Established Member Veteran

More items... Aaahh... <licks lips and smiles in anticipation> :)
    We'll need more item icons and pix though. Anyone knows how or where to get some?

4. Ausir

Ausir Beholder Overseer Veteran

- Make Scorpp level 10 while keeping his original AC and BAB

5. Peregrin

Peregrin Member

Wish List

I have downloaded several tools for the game that no longer work since the patch. I Wish there was some way to know when they are updated.

6. Dregur

Dregur Member

Alter or remove NPC looting so it's not so annoying.

-The Grinman :D

7. Shin

Shin Established Member

An easy fix using ProtoEd.

In the NPC looting behavior column, you can put :

-nothing at all, you'll notice NPC will then do the default annoying looting...

-"nothing", then NPC will take nothing :D

-"half_money_only" or something that sounds like this, then NPC will behave like Elmo. :)

Another fix can be adding "OIF_NO_NPC_PICKUP" to nearly all items in the game in the Item Flag column of proto.tab. This way, NPC won't loot that particular item no matter his looting habit. It might be very intersting to add this value to all normal items, that would save NPCs from emcombering themselves.

8. Shin

Shin Established Member

By the way, I opened the file that is supposed to deal with NPC level progressions with the ProtoEd.

The first thing I notice is just HOW MESSED that file is.

Look, Spugnoir is supposed to get Spell Mastery. Something absolutely useless since Spell books aren't even implemented. I even doubt the feat's own existence in the core codes.

Else, there are characters already having Cleave feat while missing the Power Attack... ???

Anyway, I believe it's real time we, (I mean you guys :) ) tried to FIX the NPCs in the game, don't you think? :)

Thank you.

9. rex_blade

yes.

Look I'm no good programmer (evident by my falling grades in AP Comp. Sci.) but i know my way around 3D Modeling (hence my A++++++++++ in Engineering Graphics) so if i can help with new item Models or anything, let me know....

10. Shin

Shin Established Member

THX for the offer. I suck in programmings too, I was the last in the grade in computer programming class of the whole university of Paris. :D

Anyway, about models, I think we can work with models already included in the game. Belt icon graphics are already in (Prince Thromel's gold belt for example) Same for cloaks and amulets. Let's just reuse what's already given! :)

I half finished the work on start_equipement.mes, now medium race PCs will start with more decent armor/shields as written in 3.0 player handbook. The remaining half shouldn't take too much work either, copy/paste then some few changes here and there. :D If anyone wants it... :) Give me a sign. :)

11. rex_blade

i think that's great. in fact i think that's so great that the Co8 guys should incorporate your fix into the next patch.... on a stictly optional install of course.

12. Shadowkat

Shadowkat Member

Wishlist huh? How about Mrs. Z causing the correct amounts of damage? 'tis easy as hell to alter, but considering they got the rest of her correct and messed up on the dmg the community really needs to face her in all her glory, not a watered down version. Might also take a look at the rest of the creatures, they might have been watered down, or even nerfed, also.

Kat

13. Sol Invictus

Sol Invictus Beholder Watcher Veteran

Guys, read the above wishlist and please try to fix them if yo know how and want to help out. Remember we're a community so it's not lik we've got some small group of people doing everything.

Heh.

14. RufusAtticus

RufusAtticus Member

I modified Oohlgrist's emerald belt so that is is usable.

I gave it the ability to be equiped in the "tools" slot and it now grants acid immunity when worn.

Use my ToeePatch.pl script (found in the tools sticky) to patch the Co8 2.00 protos.tab with the attached file.

Example cmd: perl toeepatch.pl protos.tab oeb.tab.txt

If you want a long-item description for it add this line to "data/mes/long_description.mes" (extract from toee4.dat if necessary): "{12014}{Oohlgrist's emerald belt grants the wearer immunity to acid.}"

Remember to back up your files before doing this.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2003
  15. rex_blade

can anyone get me a list of character starting EQ or a link to where it's posted on the web?

THX

Our Host!