What's up with the 'new' modding trifecta?

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by Gaear, Dec 6, 2006.

Remove all ads!
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

'New' as in doing a lot of modding a month or two ago, but being rather quiet lately. Just wondering. I've seen Spellslinger, Jesse, and Hazelnut on the boards fairly regularly, but not saying much. You guys busy? Tired? Discouraged? Disillusioned? Feeling blue? Feeling fat and happy? ;)

We all know about and deal with RL issues, but Co8 works best when everybody's actively involved, even if only in a consultation capacity. Hope you're not feeling like nobody cares about the stuff you've done. That's always been the status quo here - when people like mods, they tend to say very little about them. :shrug: If no one heaped praises on your latest .dll fix, high level spells, or monk belt, that doesn't mean that no one cares about them or what you've got to say here.

If nothing else, just chiming in once in a while would reassure us that you're not fading away into oblivion. There's lots of interesting things being debated in the community atm. The greater variety of input, the better. You're invested with the work you've already done, so you've got a stake in the matter.

Losing members and active participants spells eventual doom for the Circle of Eight. :thumbsdow And where would that leave poor Atari if we weren't around to fix their games? :suprised:

2. smg225

smg225 Gyro Captain

Hear, hear. The work these guys have done has been pretty exciting to me--and I haven't had a chance to give everything the workout it deserves (like Hazelnut's mok's belt or Jesse's higher level spells), but I've been looking forward to it (once RL permits)--and hacks like Spellslinger brought to the world map, for instance, I think are incredibly necessary and bring a certain 'bling' factor to what otherwise would look like amateurish mods. And all lay groundwork for future mods (you know, it really ^would^ be cool if you guys would make QotS :chairshot ). Anyway, just a vote of confidence for these dudes, since this seems like the place for it.

:kiss: all around.

3. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Amen. I would settle for people getting more involved in KotB though: I would swear people want new modules more than they want ToEE redone slightly differently, yet again.

4. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

I really love the Co8 version of ToEE,
    it's the game it should have been from
    the start. I must say that till last month
    I wasn't aware that the community is so
    active here. I just wanted to play ToEE and
    I remebered you made the previously removed
    locations available again. To my great surprise
    this wasn't the only thing that changed. I say,
    keep up the good work people, your efforts even
    got me into modding (primitive and simple, but
    still "modding", everybody has to start somewhere ;)).
    or at least giving feedback and testing. Thank you
    for making this game the only D&D PC game I want
    to play over and over again. :D

And yes, I (and hope that also the rest of this community)
    would like to see new modules for ToEE. :)

5. Hazelnut

Hazelnut Great Confusor

Well I got overtired (too much modding til the wee hours) and ill and took a break for 4 weeks, then did a single nights ToEE modding before getting into the Gothic 3 demo (trying to decide whether to buy for xmas - the answer was yes BTW) and then going into Hospital for an operation to have a pin inserted in my big toe which I broke badly a year ago. Then for the last two weeks I've been playing Gothic 2 which I've never played before and having a blast with it. :)

I do intend to do some more ToEE modding, but not at the level I was doing 'cos that was flipping mad! ;) I promised to sort out suggestion IIRC, and I'll probably get to that sometime before christmas. My next project after that was the big evil party battle after the current temple end game that was proposed, but I dunno if I'll ever get around to it.

As for KotB Ted, I think I might have offered my scripting services if you ever get anything really hard and complicated scripting wise (i.e. an interesting challenge) that you wanna outsource.. to let me know and see if it gets my motivation all fired up. If I didn't before, then I have now. I do warn you though if I'm not fired up I'm pretty much a damned lazy bum. :giggle:

Nice to see my absence was noticed tho.. cheers guys :beer:

6. Jesse Heinig

Jesse Heinig Established Member

I'm wrapping up a term of school. Starting Dec. 20th, I'll be off through most of January. Expect some more mods then. :)

7. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

Hey whatsername you want to be the Co8 cheerleader - well you can cheer for all the new mods :evil_laug

8. Spellslinger

Spellslinger Established Member

I'm in serious clinch with RL at the moment, so don't expect much from me right now. And besides that, DLL hell is not just a pun, and its fiery depths no longer hold the same fascination for me.

9. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

Personally, I would rather have the new mods. All that hype over KotB has me excited like crazy. :icon_chuc

10. krunch

krunch moving on in life

I was gone for a week over Thanksgiving. When I returned to work, I was swamped. I had and still have to work late frequently. There's a new girl. One guy at work is taking vacation and I have to pull his workload while he is on vacation. I have to get a certain amount of work done prior to taking off for Christmas and another vacation, too. I will probably be going to the Gator Bowl in Jacksonville, FL, on Jan. 1st. That might be a 3-day weekend in Jacksonville, FL. Everything will slow down starting on Jan. 9th, 2007.

11. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

hey great to see you back.

12. krunch

krunch moving on in life

oh yah - Plus, I am working part-time on my own time doing some Internet leg work for a real estate broker trying to make extra money, too. I would love for it to take off and be able to quit my day job. *drool*sigh* Working from home at my own schedule and pace and when I feel like it would be awesome.

@Cujo: Thnx!.. :)

13. krunch

krunch moving on in life

fyi [as a reminder] - The magic number [date] for me is Jan. 9th, 2007.

Our Host!