Welkwood Bog or Tales of the Wild Coast

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by Gaear, Jul 29, 2009.

Remove all ads!
?

What release schedule would you like to see?

1. Welkwood Bog in December 2009 and Tales of the Wild Coast in April 2010

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
  2. Tales of the Wild Coast in December 2009 and Welkwood Bog in April 2010

17 vote(s)
    56.7%
  3. I don't give a damn

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

In reference to this news post detailing upcoming release projections, would members prefer to have the Welkwood Bog addition or the Tales of the Wild Coast expansion first? Currently Welkwood Bog is scheduled to arrive in the form of Co8 5.7.0 in December 2009, and TotWC in the form of Co8 5.8.0 in April 2010. However, there is no real practical advantage to releasing one before the other. So, which would the membership like to see first? Vote and feel free to discuss.

2. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

I'd rather have end game content over intro content. We can survive Fed Exing for now.

3. Basil the Timid

Basil the Timid Dont Mention the War

How did I miss what 5.6.0 is?

At the moment I currently don't give a damn about which way development should go. But I'll ponder this more before I vote.

4. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

Send both of them to me right now, I'll try them both out and give you my opinion.

5. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

I agree with Ranth - high level endgame content is preferable to low level intro content. I'm also interested to see how moving much of the new content to the end effects gameplay and balance on a practical level.

So give me TotWC first, please.

6. maalri

maalri Immortal

I third the motion for High-level endgame content- there is enough low-level stuff in play to get the EXP needed to move on.

7. realmzmaster

realmzmaster Established Member

Give me the new high end Tales of the Wild Coast first. Since Welkwood bog is a low end alternative to the FedExing Hommlett quests. I can wait on Welkwood Bog. What do we call the Welkwood bog quests (UPSing ?)

8. Emirkol the Chaotic

Emirkol the Chaotic Proud Polytheist

Well, we can see where this is going.... for now.

Count me in with the majority. (damn, now I feel dirty for posting that!)

TotWC first. Welkwood next.

9. Ref

Ref Member

I agree. Endgame content is really where this game is lacking! There is plenty of low level stuff to keep people busy for now.

Full steam ahead for TotWC!!!!!:dribble:

10. SharkD

SharkD Established Member

Agreed.

-Mike

11. Shiningted

Shiningted I want my goat back Administrator

Smart low-level stuff, where you're only one crit away from death at any moment, is much better than high level stuff imho. Welkwood bog ftw.

12. maalri

maalri Immortal

Gee,I hope that since Ted is a Major Domo of Modding he doesn't count for THREE votes or more! LOL

I will be happy with the what the majority votes, though, as mentioned earlier, I have cast for High-level content.

13. Necroticpus

Necroticpus Cthulhu Ftaghn!

Way to be! I like the lower level stuff better also. Once you get an ad&d party past a certain point, there is absolutely nothing challenging anymore. A hive full of mind flayers/beholders? BFD. 2 ancient red dragons? *snore* A lich ruler of a city of the dead? *steamroll*

14. Gaear

Gaear Bastard Maestro Administrator

Remember people, you're not picking one to the exclusion of the other, just one before the other.

15. erkper

erkper Bugbear Monk Supporter

I agree, Ted - in that the key word in your whole post is "smart." Good material of any level is better than bad content of any level. But I trust the modding team at Co8 to produce quality material at both the high- and low- ends, and I'd like to see how the move of the added content to the end (souped up to fit the new level range) works to rebalance the game.

Sorry, Necro - but it sounds like you have had poor DMs in your gaming past. I always liked high level adventures in p'n'p AD&D - and any of the monsters you named would wipe out a careless high level party that didn't play it very carefully in my campaigns.

Our Host!