Weird incident in Hommlet

Discussion in 'The Temple of Elemental Evil' started by The Royal Canadian, Feb 5, 2010.

Remove all ads!
  1. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi Folks
    I just had a strange incident in Hommlet. I am currently running a NG party (4 PCs plus Meleny and Elmo) who are all 11th Level (getting ready to take down Hedrack). I decided to do a little "road running" in the hopes of getting Scather, and ended up resting in the Deklo Grove. The party was "visited" by 4 trolls during the night that were promptly killed. The next morning I returned to the Inn of the Welcome Wench, where Furnok's girlfriend (at least I think she's his girlfriend, she always hangs out with him) decided to attack me as soon as we arrived. Interestingly enough Furnok didn't do anything, just stood there. I went into the Inn, where everyone decided to attack me, including Spugnois. After killing a lot of villagers through AOOs I checked my reputation log, but didn't see anything that would indicate why a villager would want to attack me. I didn't have any charmed evil "pets", and hadn't hurt anyone in the village (other than the traders), so I'm stumped as to why this occurred. Luckily for me, I had just saved after leveling everyone up so I reloaded the save and started "road running" again. Once again I was attacked by Trolls while resting in the Deklo Grove, but nothing happened when I returned to Hommlet afterwards. Very weird. Anyone have any ideas what happened ??
    The Royal Canadian

2. Ranth

Ranth Established Member

What version are you playing? In a slightly older version Melany hung out at Delko Grove at night. I know you have her in your party, but maybe, somehow, another version of her spawned and you killed her accidentally with a fireball or some area spell without knowing.

I know this is doubtful, but its the only thing I can think of.

3. The Royal Canadian

The Royal Canadian Established Member

Hi Ranth
    Hmm. That's an interesting thought. I am playing version 5.7.2 . I did use a fireball (or flamestrike, maybe both), so I guess that's one very remote possibility. I didn't think to check you monsters killed file, so I guess I will never know for sure. I should point out that since I reloaded the save, I have had 5 or 6 fights in the Grove with Trolls and so I have flung quite a few Fireballs and Flamestrikes in the area without getting the same effect when I return to Hommlet.
    The Royal Canadian.

Our Host!