Video for RA Salvatore fans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sirchet, Feb 8, 2007.

Remove all ads!
  1. sirchet

sirchet Force for Goodness Moderator Supporter

2. Lord_Spike

Lord_Spike Senior Member Veteran

Never read it; interesting video, though. Drizz't is obvious to anyone who hates the character. Some of our artists here might take a hint & draw up some slides for the KotB end game. If they looked like anything resembling that, I'm sure they'd be well received.

3. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

I've read most of R.A.Salvatore's books set in the Forgotten Realms setting and enjoyed them very much (I'm practically a fan of this stuff :)) - so yeah, I enjoyed the video, thanks for sharing the link! :)

- Agetian

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  4. krunch

krunch moving on in life

That was totally cool and an impressive video production. I was left wanting to watch more when it ended.

5. Cujo

Cujo Mad Hatter Veteran

yeah I was impressed by that animation, far better than any of my attempts. I did notice the drows scimitars change shape tho, from your typical scimitar look to your saber type look.

I've got no idea who the characters were except for the drizzit. I read the first chapter of 1000 orcs and that was as far as I got, never got round to reading any more.

6. ShadowDragoon

ShadowDragoon Advocate of Vengence

So, you started with the first book in the last set? Odd place to start. :shrug:

Good video, though. I especially liked Entreri's appearance. Jarlaxle looks a little strange, though... I wonder if there are any other videos like that out there?

7. lord_graywolfe

lord_graywolfe Wolfman

well its been awhile since ive read his books and i dont remember all thier names but i know drizzt and wulfgar ( not sure if thats the right spelling) the barbarian but the dwarf and tha halfling ive forgoten lol.

8. ShadowDragoon

Bruenor Battlehammer and Regis. :)

The guy with the longsword and dagger is Artemis Entreri, an assassin that's after Regis because he stole that gemstone he wears on his neck from the leader of a thieves guild in Calimshan. Then there's Jarlaxle, the dark elf in the goofy hat. I don't think he was actually around during that part of the series, but he does play a major role later. :p

Sorry. I'm constantly reading R.A. Salvatore's Forgotten Realms novels over and over again. It's like an addiction.

9. sirchet

10. Lord_Spike

Gawd...This is turning into a Drizz't fanboy rant...:rant: If you guys like that stuff, why not read tales of elves that make him look like that pussy he is. The Silmarillion is where it's at. Tragedy & triumph on an epic scale.

11. Agetian

Agetian Attorney General Administrator

Hehe, well yeah, seems like that's where it goes, but heck - why not, it's General Discussion after all, isn't it?... ;)

ADMINISTRATIVE:
    @ ShadowDragoon: About your request in the deleted threads (yeah, I've read them) - well, Lord_Spike is a moderator here, and I have to issue a warning to you that you've made a few rather insulting comments towards him. If you think you've been misjudged by a moderator, don't give way to your temper by starting to insult him. Instead, report this by PM to another moderator, a super moderator, or administrator, and we'll settle everything in a civilized and peaceful manner by finding out who's wrong and who's right. I'd expect an excuse here.

As far as this thread is concerned: if you ask me, I think the thread is rather legitimate here because in General Discussion, there's no real limitation towards what the threads should contain unless they contain spam, advertisements, illegal content, insulting content towards one of the users of our boards or towards the whole community, and so on (per the rules). So, I believe it has right to live on in the form it is right now, unless of course it starts becoming agressive and results in flame. In that case, one of the moderators will be forced to close this thread.

- Agetian

Last edited: Feb 9, 2007
  12. Lord_Spike

Now that the Attorney General has spoken on the matter, I'll re-open it for the aforementioned civilized discussion. I liked the video, and appreciate sirchet posting it for us, but I'm just not a Drizz't fan. Others may be, but no need to get incensed or take a cheap shot at me for revenge's sake. If I can't call a fictitious character a bad name without engendering wrath, well then, fuck me dead. I used net words and a little smiley to indicate playfulness...which is why I deleted those posts. They were all about getting even. So, it endeth here. Comment on ye all as ye may, and enjoy.

Thanks, Ag, for the vote of confidence!

:heart: :hug:

13. maggit

maggit Zombie RipTorn Wonka

Very good video. KotB could use something like that for
    an intro. ;) Anyone know who's responsible for it? :p

----------------------------------------------------------------
    BTW Happy Birthday ShadowDragoon

Last edited: Feb 10, 2007
  14. ShadowDragoon

I checked out the forum for the guys that did the video. They're kinda dead. The guys are busy working at a couple of video game studios (can't remember the names off the top of my head), so they've been too busy to get around to doing this kind of thing.

But, I don't know. If someone got ahold of them and explained about Co8 and KotB, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to try and pool their talents to do something for the game. Let me look up their forums again, and I'll post it here in a few minutes. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Alright, here's the forum.

http://www.motionzoo.com/forum/index.php

And also, a thread dealing directly with the video. Enjoy. ;) And, yes, I do realize I am a link monkey.

http://www.motionzoo.com/forum/showthread.php?p=13536

15. sirchet

Pussy!.....he's just quite, moody, sensitive...........................CRAP! that does sound rather pussy like.:tombstone Oh well, there's always Bruenour Battlehammer, (the dwarf in the video) no one could ever mistaken him for anything but a tough guy and all around bad ass.:evilgrin:

Our Host!