"Vicks & Wedge" and considerations about it

Discussion in 'General Modification' started by 0rion79, Apr 14, 2005.

Remove all ads!
  1. 0rion79

0rion79 Established Member

I've seen that at Sorcerer's Place there is a MOD called Vicks & Wedge by The Munchkin Lord, that is a 90% power playing - and then boring - mod/patch that will eventually boosts too many items with outstanding effects but with some interesting function too, like disabling NPCs looting and allowing the party to take monster's huge weapons (that is nice because the game doesn't enlarge party weapons when casting wiz L1 Enlarge person, so that a very strong character - like a barbarian - that is using a 2 handed weapon can't hold it with 2 hands while enlarged, gaining in hitt rolls but loosing in damage ones).
    I mean, disabling NPCs looting and finding huge weapons is nice. But not having weapons and magic items that will make the party too strong and then the game unbalanced. If somebody of you may suggest me the right tools, it would be a pleasure for me to update some items to make them more interesting but still something balanced for gameplay.
    It is not nice to edit somebody else stuff without permission, so probably it is just more ethic to make something else starting from the same idea. especially, I would like to add some items that I think that are really missing along the game, but I need some instructions about that. So, at the moment, I just thank you all for your attention.
    Matt.

Our Host!